cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Set Up Participants

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Set Up Participants

As part of one of the Change Notice tasks there is a Set Up Participants function for the Auditor.

Previously, it listed every member listed for that role on the Context's Team page. Because of people moving to other positions within the company, any time this changed I needed to go to every context and swap out the old member and add in the new member.

With a recent redesign of our Change Management workflows, I put these participants into a group. Then I put the group into the role on the Context's Team page. Now if a change happens, I can just edit the group and not have to go into 17 different contexts to make the update. Efficient!

Except now when the Set Up Participants is done, it only shows the group, not the members of the group. The auditor pointed out that it was much faster and easier if every member is listed and he just picks the remove icon for the unwanted participants. Now he has to pick add and type in the username.

Is there a way to allow me to use a group on the context's Team page (for easy updating) yet still list every member of that group in the Set Up Participant page?

Here is what I see now. Previously it would show all the people that could be given the next assignment.

Windchill 10.1 M020

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

New CN just went through with the participants listed individually on the Team page and it works as I want it to.

Here is the setup I've currently got going.

In the CN workflow, the Assigned Activity has:

• On the Resource Pool tab select Context Team
  • On the Role Setup tab, check all boxes for Marketing Manager (this is the role on the context's Team page)

On the context's Team page:

• Participants listed individually for Marketing Manager, not the group containing all participants

Now, when the CN gets to the appropriate point, the Set Up Participants tab shows only the participants listed under Marketing Manager on the context's Team page.

Tedious (and slightly annoying) to have to do this with something like 16 contexts.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I am interested in this as well.  Our users are in Groups and we need to select individuals.  We are still in 9.1 but soon migrating to 10 and we see this as in issue.

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:DonSenchuk)

Maybe remove a "layer" by using the Group (Marketing Managers in your case) as the resource pool for the WF Assignment?  Where this would fall down is if you had the Group + 1 or more additional Users within the Role on the Context team

Plus all my ACRs are set up for the roles, not the groups.

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:DonSenchuk)

You could do both though... Group in Context Team Role for ACR's and Group as Resource Pool for Set Up Participants.  Seemingly redundant, but could work, no?

Ideally, Set Up Participants would be smart enough to see through to the WTUser rather than stop at the Group... (unless/until a bigger customer decides they want to assign Groups or Orgs using Set Up Participants)

Great point. I'll try it out.

Change the workflow to use the group instead of the role. Leave the group in the context team role.

I guess I was thinking of uniformity. That may be an unnecessary restriction during the next phase of change management implementation which your suggestion seems to get around very cleanly. The changeover may take some days to verify, but I'll be sure to post back once results are in.

Just got the first CN to go through with this test and it didn't work.

New CN just went through with the participants listed individually on the Team page and it works as I want it to.

Here is the setup I've currently got going.

In the CN workflow, the Assigned Activity has:

• On the Resource Pool tab select Context Team
  • On the Role Setup tab, check all boxes for Marketing Manager (this is the role on the context's Team page)

On the context's Team page:

• Participants listed individually for Marketing Manager, not the group containing all participants

Now, when the CN gets to the appropriate point, the Set Up Participants tab shows only the participants listed under Marketing Manager on the context's Team page.

Tedious (and slightly annoying) to have to do this with something like 16 contexts.

Top Tags