cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Shaking my Faith

msteffke
12-Amethyst

Shaking my Faith

How is this possible? Look at this generic 2194810 Version 8.1. Look at the last instance. If I search by the last instance name (the bottom image) then select Related Objects, family I get a completely different version in the same version of the Generic. This is really causing workspace headaches.

[cid:image001.png@01CFCB5B.24C77E70]

[cid:image002.png@01CFCB5B.F1285B10]

Mark Steffke
Engineering Services and Design Standards
Manitowoc Foodservice
T 989.775.9215 or 989.773.7981, ext 12484
Integrity, Commitment to Stakeholders, and Passion for Excellence

3 REPLIES 3

My initial gut is that the instance was deleted from a later iteration while another was added. E.g. At version 6, 2194810-2 was added while 2194824 was removed from the family table. Thus 2194824 exists in a generic where 2194810-2 doesn't exist. Which causes issues. But that's just my gut without seeing everything (and I'm not sure how accurate that is given it is showing in this properties view). PTC has a merge technique for this, I'll have to go find it........

BK
rjones
3-Visitor
(To:msteffke)

Looks like since the family table has not been verified you have the following situations:

When searching for the generic (2194810) you see the latest verified instances which was at rev 2.1 for instance 2194824. When searching for the instance (2194824) you see the latest revision/iteration of the instance along with the generic and family which are unverified. It appears as though the 2194824 was checked in and out multiple times without checking out the generic and verifying the family table. Review the history of both 219481 generic and 2194824, that may tell a story. If the generic and all instances are checked out, verified, and checked in you should see the correct data in Windchill. At least this is what logic tells me 🙂

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:msteffke)

It is important to verify as Russ mentions.
Here is a list of all family table combination issues we found when migrating from Intralink to Windchill....some of them have solutions. If your users are updating instances and then seeing out of date generics in the workspace, then we classified this issue as a "criss-cross". The user is in an infinite loop of updating the instance and generic!
Top Tags