cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Significance of wt.queue.executeQueue

gramasamy
1-Newbie

Significance of wt.queue.executeQueue

hi guys,

I am trying to understand the significance of wt.queue.executeQueue property. We had set this property to false, when we were migrating the objects into a Windchill 10.2 M020 (Clustered Environment) server.

Earlier I was thinking that we are setting this to false, as it is a clustered environment that we are dealing with. I also thought that setting this property to false, enables only the Background Method Server to run the queues, not the foreground servers.

Now this property had been changed to true in the servers.

At this moment, I really don't know how this property works anymore. It would be much helpful, if any of you people could help me in understanding the property.

Thanks,

Ganesh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I can't think of any reason why that property is true on foreground nodes. It does not make any difference in Background availability set, as this property is set to true directly in BGMS JVM startup command.

If you ever make a foreground server execute queue entries, it is going to take a toll response times the users might observe from that node.

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

That does not sound right. wt.queue.executeQueue is the direction to foreground method servers to execute queues. In cluster none of the nodes should have this property set to true unless you wanted to have foreground method servers execute queues.

Do you have high availability queue processing configured? Still you need to have queue groups created and designate it to respective background method servers

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Hi Binesh,

Thanks for you reply.

Got your point, setting this property to false will not let the foreground method servers execute queues.

And to answer your question, they have some groups configured and designated to background method servers. And the server has a lot of queues configured.

Any other point about this property, that I should be aware of.

Thanks,

Ganesh.

I can't think of any reason why that property is true on foreground nodes. It does not make any difference in Background availability set, as this property is set to true directly in BGMS JVM startup command.

If you ever make a foreground server execute queue entries, it is going to take a toll response times the users might observe from that node.

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

HI Binesh,

Thanks for clarifying that.

The property was changed when they had applied CPS08 patch. And they didnt revert it after that.

Thanks,

Ganesh.

Top Tags