cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Site Status Change Notification - No Reponse from Site

Butleigh
1-Newbie

Site Status Change Notification - No Reponse from Site

I have Windchill 10.2 installed across two Linux Servers (Front End and Back End Server).  I would like to enable the local server firewalls on the FrontEnd and BackEnd servers but when I do the Windchill randomly stops responding and I receive a "Site Status Change Notification" message saying Vaults "defaultsystemvault,defaultuploadvault" contained in this site are inaccessible because site status is "METHOD SERVER NOT RESPONDING".  After 5 minutes I receive another "Site Status Change Notification" message saying that the site is reponding normally again and can continue to use the application normally.  When the local server firewalls are disabled the application works perfectly with no problems.

Does anyone know why I am receiving this error or have a working set of the local Linux firewall rules that I can see as an example?

Below is an example of the "Site Status Change Notification" message I receive which shows the error and the URL it is attempting to connect to

SiteStatus.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Stuart

2 REPLIES 2

By front end server, I assume what you meant is a reverse proxy. In that case, make sure that you have the right values for the properties wt.server.codebase and wt.httpgw.mapcodebase property.

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:Butleigh)

I know this is an old thread, but i was wondering if you managed to trace the cause of this issue.

I have been getting a similar error but this is on a single server.

Any reccomendations to settings?

Regards

Bryan

Announcements

Top Tags