cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Solidworks Workgroup Manager for Windchill

MikeMarcoux
11-Garnet

Solidworks Workgroup Manager for Windchill

My company has both Solidworks (2009, 2010, 2011) and Pro/Engineer (Wildfire 2, 3, & 4) . We use Windchill as our PDM system for Pro/E, and have recently started using the Solidworks Workgroup Manager for Windchill to manage our Solidworks databases. Previously, there was no PDM system in place for managing our Solidworks projects.

Recently, I've been noticing an error that has me quite confused. It seems there are a couple of instances where newer content has been overwriten with older content. I've only encountered this once before, and determined that the cause was a configuration setting that was improperly set when we migrated from Windchill 9.0 to Windchill 9.1. Apparently the default state of a setting under "Create & Edit" ("Allow checkout of non-latest iterations") was toggled from no to yes. This eliminated the issue for our Pro/E databases. However, we're now seeing the issue with our Solidworks databases even though the setting has not changed. It's a bit alarming. I've made sure my fellow coworkers are synchronizing their cache and updating out of date components, but the problem persists.

Is anyone else using Windchill as their PDM system for Solidworks data, and if so, do you have any insight as to what the potential cause could be?

1 REPLY 1

Hi there Mike.

Unfortunately I don't have any tidbits to offer...yet. I'm working on a project for hooking up Solidworks users with Windchill and I'm really just starting. I'm actually on here searching to see how the interaction is with SW and Windchill, especially when it comes to SW's configurations (family tables). Any feedback and perhaps updates on your original issue would be appreciated.

Once I get some testing time in, I hope to be a little more helpful with my own feedback

Thanks,

Josh

Top Tags