cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Solr Bulk Indexing

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Solr Bulk Indexing

Wondering if anyone has worked with Solr indexing. I've now bulk indexed multiple Windchill systems that have just a few documents. Works perfectly and quickly. For our production data though, the bulk indexing just stops. No error, no logging, nothing.

The BulkIndexTool runs in a Windchil shell. It gives options 1 thru 10. Option 7 shows progress. Repeatably, our test upgrade (from 9.1) with production data rapidly gets to 36,152 objects processed, then simply goes no futher.

So far tech support has not answered a call that asks: Where is the logging for the 36,152 objects that got processed (our of 962,334 objects)?

Also, <windchill>-Solr brings up a login screen; it's supposed to bring up a "web app" for Solr. Tech support hasn't been able to provide the username / password (we tried every combination we could think of). Anyone know what it is or where to find?

I'm also wondering where the 962,334 comes from - we have appr2.1 million total master objects (Docs, CAD Docs, Parts, Change Objects, Baselines, etc). I'd like to reproduce this number with an SQL direct to the database.

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

So, a bit more info on this....

The username / password is in fact wcadmin / wcadmin, but with active directory integration, separate Apache conf files need to be manipulated to have both A/D and this working. Once you log on, a complex UI is available. So far, haven't found a single word of documentation from PTC on this UI.

We reset everything again, and again the process quickly gets to something over 36,000 objects processed, then simply stops progressing. Have set all possible to verbose and lots of summary logging now occurs (including the set of SQLs that together result in the total object count), but nothing that indicates specific objects that have been processed. The UI does not appear to have any way to drill down to where it got stuck.

Meanwhile, the queues keep filling up to around 800,000 objects. Not a single word of documentation from PTC on the queues.
[cid:image003.png@01CC88E2.0A29CDC0]

[cid:image001.png@01CC88E1.C479FD90]'
[cid:image002.png@01CC88E1.C479FD90]

[cid:image004.png@01CC88E3.79D8D930]

On 10/12/11 15:33, Lockwood,Mike,IRVINE,R&D wrote:
> So, a bit more info on this….
>
> The username / password is in fact wcadmin / wcadmin, but with active directory
> integration, separate Apache conf files need to be manipulated to have both A/D
> and this working. Once you log on, a complex UI is available. So far, haven't
> found a single word of documentation from PTC on this UI.

I would have a look here:

> password (we tried every combination we could think of). Anyone know what it is
> or where to find?
>
> I'm also wondering where the 962,334 comes from - we have appr 2.1 million total
> master objects (Docs, CAD Docs, Parts, Change Objects, Baselines, etc). I'd like
> to reproduce this number with an ...

Top Tags