cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

State Transition with ECR

RajeshM
2-Guest

State Transition with ECR

Hi All

I am learning PDMLink 10. I have a question on state transition with ECR. I have configured the lifecycle of Part Object to move from Design to Production Release through promotion requests. Once if any change is needed for the object, the revised object from Production Release should move to Production Change and it should move to Production Release only with ECR and not with Promotion Request.

For this I have made changes appropritely in Lifecycle Template. The scenario is working fine till moving to Production Release from Design with Promotion Request and also move to Production Change state for object revision. But how to move to Production Release automatically during ECR process. I executed the ECR/Change Notice/Change Tasks, but couldnt find the appropriate way to automate the status change.

note: I have selected the Product Release state in change transition for Production Change state under Change column.

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

6 REPLIES 6
NileshBhinge
6-Contributor
(To:RajeshM)

Hi Rajesh,

I am also sailing in same boat. facing same challenge. Have you got any solution ?

Regards,

Nilesh

GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:RajeshM)

Hello

it should work with your transitions ...

Have you correctly linked the new Revision of your Part in a "resulting objects" table of one of the ChangeActivity under your Change Notice ?

regards

Gregory

Hi,

I want affected object in change request should change the state. it is not linked with change notice/activity yet.

let me describe: There is a wt.part A with state released. When ECR is raised on 'A' it workflow expression/robot should change A's state to InWork.

Regards,

Nilesh

Out of the Box, it is the "resulting objects" in the ChangeActivity that are promoted ...

In CM

-the ChangeIssue track the problem raised by a customer or any internal input during the product lifecycle

-the ChangeRequest is more a "management level" . The change control board will analyse and decide if the change should be implemented or not (all impacted objects are not necessary known or collected)

-the ChangeNotice i a "operational level" . the change is formally launch , a we will create formal activities to fix the problem

-the ChangeActivities track formally the impacted objetcs and the resulting objetcs (new versions, replacement, retrofit , effectivities ...)

the "close looped" process delivered OOTB by PTC (CMII) will promote only resulting datas in change activities, when all the activities are closed, and when the change control board will review the CNotice

If you want to only use the ChangeRequest, and not the full set of Change objects, you will need to customize the OOTB workflows to promote your objects directly in the CR.

regards

Gregory

Hi Gregory,

Actually customer doesn't want to use change management workflow & revise objects through change notice. But want to change state of object & demote the object. ACL is so defined that object will be editable in demoted state. can i capture this demotion by capturing ReleavantRequestData2 in CR ?

Yes of course.

You can demote or promote state by using API and transition.

or create your own workflow robot to set state objects.

And there's all necessary API to get objets from a CR and the releavantRequestData2 link

regards

Gregory

Top Tags