cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Submit now vs later

tbusch
1-Newbie

Submit now vs later

Can someone tell me how to get rid of the "Submit Now/Later"option on the Change Request wizard? I'm sick of it setting lifecycle states that I don't even want to use...

I'm using Windchill 8.0 M040

4 REPLIES 4

You always can change the workflow ... that's the place to be.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Kindest regards,

Hugo Hermans

-

NV Michel Van de Wiele
Michel Vandewielestraat 7
8510 Kortrijk (Marke)
Tel : +32 56 243 211
Fax: +32 56 243 540
BTW BE 0405 450 595
RPR Kortrijk
tbusch
1-Newbie
(To:tbusch)

Nope

The "Update" wizard also has submit now vs later and then it changes your states regardless of what workflow you have running. This wreaks havoc with ACLs and basically prevents you from using "Under Review" for anything useful.

-Thomas R. Busch
Sr. Software Developer
Stryker Instruments
(269) 323-7700 x4014
tom.busch@stryker.com<">mailto:tom.busch@stryker.com>
iwebb
2-Guest
(To:tbusch)

PTC told me to edit the create.jsp for the offending Object Type and change the following line:-

<jca:wizard helpselectorkey="change_createChangeNotice" buttonlist="&lt;font" color="#ff3300">DefaultWizardButtonsWithSubmitPrompt" formProcessorController="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2.forms.controllers.DefaultChangeTaskFormProcessorController">

To:-

<jca:wizard helpselectorkey="change_createChangeNotice" buttonlist="&lt;font" color="#ff3300">DefaultWizardButtons" formProcessorController="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2.forms.controllers.DefaultChangeTaskFormProcessorController">

Clear the Tomcat cache, restart services.

HOWEVER:-

Some usersstill get the Submit Now /Later dialog. (NB I cannot replicate with wcadmin)

I have just sent PTC the latest evidence of this, as they didnt believe me ! If I get a fix from them, I will post it.

Maybe its a browser/PC cache issue....

I would value any input thanks,

Too bad we cannot switch :we lost thisdialog moving to 9.1 M060,and we miss it due to thedesigne of our workflow. So PTC told us the exact contrary , set the buttonList to DefaultWizardButtonsWithSubmitPrompt.However we found out that it was already set at that value, and still the dialog is not shown !

I do not what's going on there ...

In Reply to Ian Webb:

In Reply to Ian Webb:

PTC told me to edit the create.jsp for the offending Object Type and change the following line:-

<jca:wizard helpselectorkey="change_createChangeNotice" buttonlist="&lt;font" color="#ff3300">DefaultWizardButtonsWithSubmitPrompt" formProcessorController="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2.forms.controllers.DefaultChangeTaskFormProcessorController">

To:-

<jca:wizard helpselectorkey="change_createChangeNotice" buttonlist="&lt;font" color="#ff3300">DefaultWizardButtons" formProcessorController="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2.forms.controllers.DefaultChangeTaskFormProcessorController">

Clear the Tomcat cache, restart services.

HOWEVER:-

Some usersstill get the Submit Now /Later dialog. (NB I cannot replicate with wcadmin)

I have just sent PTC the latest evidence of this, as they didnt believe me ! If I get a fix from them, I will post it.

Maybe its a browser/PC cache issue....

I would value any input thanks,

Top Tags