cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Sudden LARGE increase in local cache size- all users

MS_10739707
2-Guest

Sudden LARGE increase in local cache size- all users

I checked my local cache size yesterday and was stunned to see it was 22GB.  Usually runs between 2-3GB.  I am primarily an admin, and my cad work is minimal.   I checked my other users, Many were 18 to 23GB, smallest was 12GB.   I had a contact at a sister company who is on a completely different Windchill install check his cache.  He responded back the the two he checked were 22 to 23GB with just a few hundred objects in his workspaces.   Both sites had Windows11 upgrade pushed thru on users machines.   Has anyone else noticed this?  Or if you had your system upgraded recently to Windows 11, please check your or your user's  local cache size and see if its exploded like ours have and reply back if you would.    Thanks!

Were are on Creo 7,0.11,  and Windchill 11.2

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MS_10739707)

Still on Windows 10, running Windchill 12.0.2 with Creo 9.0.7.

My cache is ~700MB.

Also an admin so little in my workspaces.

Out of curiosity, has someone updated the Workspace Frames setting and overrode local settings?

Thanks for your reply.  I am the admin, Im not sure who else would have set that.  Where can I find this Workspace Frames setting?  

Also odd that its happening on two unlinked seperate systems at two seperate locations. 

Site or Org preferences (If it is not set at site, double check org)

Workgroup Manager Client > Workspace Frame Stack Size

Also, I agree it is odd that this happened at two separate systems.

That was set to 5 and global, and thats where its always been.   Good thing to look at tho. 

Top Tags