cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Synch completion on Effective date?

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

Synch completion on Effective date?

In 10.1 there is an option to add an Effective date range to Resulting objects on the Change Task.

Does anyone know a method to have a workflow wait until that date is reached before completing?

5 REPLIES 5
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:lgrant)

Hello

When applying effectivities to resulting objects in Change Management, they are "pending" until they are released to production when the Change Process is closed .

You can see at the end of OOTB workflows of change management a robot that release this pending effectivities.

You should be able to add a new timer robot in the workflow, to get date range and execute it when needed.

regards

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:GregoryPERASSO)

That sounds like you are telling me the answer - I just don't see it yet. Can I have another hint?

Perhaps the "Process Effectivities"

com.ptc.windchill.pdmlink.change.server.impl.WorkflowProcessHelper.applyPendingEffectivities((wt.change2.ChangeOrderIfc) primaryBusinessObject);

thanks.

GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite

Yes this is it .

But don't understand your need.

-Do you want that the workflow wait the date for applying effectivities ? If yes, do not understand why, cause with effectivities you can work "in fthe future" by planning changes independently of the "actual latest" production version

-Or do you want that the Change Notice workflow still run and wait that date before reaching the Resolved lifecycle sate ? may be to send Email to someone when the new change is relaly effective ?

regards

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:GregoryPERASSO)

I would like the Change Notice workflow to stay running and then complete (move to next step) when the date is reached.

These would be for document changes like Procedures and Work Instructions were Doc Control would like them to move to the "Released" state at midnight (12:01).

GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite

OK

be carefull , the release state is set in the previous robot "release Changeables"

If you do not need to separate Parts ans Docs, a customize robot for getting the date and a timer robot should be enough

but If you want to separate the release state for your Part with effectivities from your Docs

You will need to do a parallel branch in your workflolw with a robot for getting the planned effectivity date, a customized timer robot and a customised "release changeable" robot for handling differently WTdocs from WTparts

regards

Top Tags