cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Syntax for Change Task Multiple Participants Selection xconfmanager

dbailey-2
6-Contributor

Syntax for Change Task Multiple Participants Selection xconfmanager

Dear All

Looking for some advice on xconfmanager syntax

I am attempting to customise the participant list table as per the link below, I have added a Sub type to the Change task

The example in the support is

<Property name="wt.change2.changetask.MultipleParticipantsSelection" overridable="true" targetFile="codebase/wt.properties" value="custom.path.CustomSubChangeTask1,custom.path.CustomSubChangeTask2"/>

If the internal name for my new task is com.fortvale.DEALI assumed that to add the property the syntax should be

xconfmanager --add <Property name="wt.change2.changetask.MultipleParticipantsSelection" overridable="true" targetFile="codebase/wt.properties" value="com.fortvale.DEAL "/>

When run this command the error I get is "The syntax of the command is incorrect."

Could you please advise what the correct syntax

Searching in the wt.properties file I can not find an entry for the  property "wt.change2.changetask.MultipleParticipantsSelection", do I need to add this property first.

I am on Windchill 11.2.1.4

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/whc/whc_en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FChgMgmtParticipantListEnable.html%23

Best Regards

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:dbailey-2)

Hi David,

Before you add another value check to see if one already exists using -d (describe). Issue this command in a Windchill shell

xconfmanager -d wt.change2.changetask.MultipleParticipantsSelection

If none already exists then set an initial value using -s (set) and -t (target)

xconfmanager -s wt.change2.changetask.MultipleParticipantsSelection=com.fortvale.DEAL -t codebase/wt.properties

then force propagation

xconfmanager -pf 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:dbailey-2)

Hi David,

Before you add another value check to see if one already exists using -d (describe). Issue this command in a Windchill shell

xconfmanager -d wt.change2.changetask.MultipleParticipantsSelection

If none already exists then set an initial value using -s (set) and -t (target)

xconfmanager -s wt.change2.changetask.MultipleParticipantsSelection=com.fortvale.DEAL -t codebase/wt.properties

then force propagation

xconfmanager -pf 

dbailey-2
6-Contributor
(To:rhart)

Hi Rhart

Just to confirm once I have created the initial value, I then need to set the required value

Dave

Top Tags