cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Temporary Library Access Via Workflow

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Temporary Library Access Via Workflow

I am looking for suggestions on how to allow users to create and update library objects without opening up the entire library to them.

Currently when a user wants to make a change to a library part I simply add them to the role with the appropriate permissions and then remove them when they’re done. The danger with this is that they could inadvertently change much more than intended (anything in the library).

I have considered using a “Library - Pending” folder, but then I have to manually move the objects they want to change into that folder first before they can check them out. Then I have to move them back when they are done and the changes are approved. Is there a better way to do this?

In a perfect world I would like a change request to trigger a workflow that automatically allows the user to access the necessary objects and then locks them back down after the changes are approved. Is there a way to use a workflow to either (a.) move the files back and forth at the proper point in the process or (b.) allow access to only the affected objects long enough to make the changes without opening up the entire library?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags