cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Testing e-mail notificatons

jasonb1
1-Newbie

Testing e-mail notificatons

We have our development and productions systems synchronized with Active Directory. I have e-mail notifications turned off on the developement system to prevent erroneuos notifications to be sent out. I currently have a need ot test notifications and wanted to find out if anyone else has this type of setup and what they do for testing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We installed a dummy smtp server called smtp4dev and pointed our test/development system to it.

A good point for it is it allows you to see all emails sent out to different users in a workflow. Only downside I found is it does not run as a service it's just a simple exe running under the currently logged in user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

We installed a dummy smtp server called smtp4dev and pointed our test/development system to it.

A good point for it is it allows you to see all emails sent out to different users in a workflow. Only downside I found is it does not run as a service it's just a simple exe running under the currently logged in user.

Hi Jørn,

I was hoping something like this would be out there. Thanks for the tip I am going to try to get it set up.

Jason

Update, this took minutes to implement is is going to really help.

Thanks again.

Top Tags