cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Thingworx Windchill extension

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Thingworx Windchill extension

I am exploring Windchill extension on Thingworx. PTC has built out of the box functionality to access windchill data using infoengine. I did not find much on REST implementation.

Has anybody found a documentation on Windchill REST framework.

🙂

Preeti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:PreetiGupta)

I developed custom POST and GET RESTful Web services in Windchill. There was a learning curve. I thought this overview might be helpful for the community. Please let me know what you think.

restimage.gif

Preeti

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Preeti,

REST services in Windchill are documented using Swagger. You can access the Swagger UI by doing the following:

1) Enable the site preference "Client Customization"

2) From Navigator, traverse to Customization > Documentation > REST APIs

Attached are some slides that provide information about Windchill REST services.

Thanks,

Hemant

Hi Hemant,

thanks for the reply. I was thinking about emailing you. Glad that you replied. The PowerPoint is very helpful. I really like the architecture slide.

I am looking for an example which I can use to create my own Restful service which follows PTC Rest framework. It would be nice if something is available for the reference. It is hard work to look into each web service and trying to guess.

🙂

Preeti

Preeti,

Unfortunately, I do not have an example just yet. I will add it to my to-do list.

In the meanwhile, feel free to reach out to me at - and I will try to understand your use case and give you high level advice.

Thanks,

Hemant

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

I developed custom POST and GET RESTful Web services in Windchill. There was a learning curve. I thought this overview might be helpful for the community. Please let me know what you think.

restimage.gif

Preeti

Hi Preeti,

Sounds Great!!!

Can you Please share the steps to implement REST service,

Also, Can you please share the code package.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

MK Ramanathan.

Hi Preeti,

By looking at the architecture, it is possible to customize. Me too standing on the same page like you.

If you have snippet code related to REST, please share it with me.

Thanks.

I would be interested too. Does anybody knows if customized REST Services are supported by now (11.0M020)?

Is there any other manual? Thanks for sharing.

Hi Bjorn, MK and Saravanan,

Custom Restful service is supported for Windchill 11.0. I believe that there is patch which can be applied for prior versions. I will have to check. Please let me know what are your specific questions on custom REST services.

I have done quite a few Restful custom services for GET and POST.

thanks,

Preeti

I've opened few month ago a case to ask this question to the Support and that's the result:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS183488

If you have other information then it would be really helpful. Thanks

Bjorn and others,

While certain OOTB RESTful services are available in Windchill 11.0, customization of these services is not supported.

PTC is considering creating a customization framework for subsequent releases of Windchill.

If you have any use cases around customization of RESTful services that you'd like to discuss, feel free to contact me.

Hemant Shadra

Solution Manager

IoT Solutions

T:781-370-6443

E: -

thanks Hemant for the clarification. I meant that RESTEasy framework is available in Windchill 11. If there is a need for custom Restful web service.

I think that when the customization framework is available. It will be very useful.

🙂

Preeti

Sarma
6-Contributor

I am getting the following err when trying to access Windchill data from Thingworx Mashup.

Any help appreciated.

Top Tags