cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

This instance must be checked out in order to upload the modified Family Table.

ZackMcDonnell
1-Newbie

This instance must be checked out in order to upload the modified Family Table.

I do a lot of work with family tables and am constantly adding new instances. For a large portion of the models I work with, if I add an instance I get the following message when I try to upload the Generic and the new Instance: "This instance must be checked out in order to upload the modified Family Table." There is typically a list of existing instances all with the same error next to them.

Why does Windchill think those instances are modified? This becomes incredibly annoying when all I want to do is add an instance.

2 REPLIES 2

We have the same problem, and it's really annoying with 100+ instances in the same family table.

One of the things that I've noticed is regeneration sequence.

Parameters such as weight have to be Post Regeneration relation.

Relations have to sorted in the same order as the features.

We're using 9.1 M030 and are in the process of moving to 10.0 M030. Hopefully this give us a better behaviour regarding this problem.

I was able to resolve this issue in a few of the parts by changing a dimension in the family table into a parameter and then creating a relation to link the new parameter and the dimension.

While this is good information, it doesn't really solve our issue, as this means we would have to modify hundreds of generic models.

I also still don't know what the actual issue was. Is there a reason a parameter works but a direct dimension does not?

Announcements

Top Tags