cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

This is for all DTI users. Does anyone receive messages relating to user buffers?

tgudobba
14-Alexandrite

This is for all DTI users. Does anyone receive messages relating to user buffers?

I feel like we are alone with this issue, and it is quite frustrating.

We rolled out Windchill 10.2 F000 in March of 2014. We have ProjectLink & PDMLink. Our server is offsite, hosted on the cloud.

We have some document templates that have attributes mapped. In some cases, quite a few, ~100.

Our users receive this message frequently when working with these documents and the DTI;

"The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation. dtiCommandComplete"

We have opened a few calls with TS, but this issue is not easy to replicate on a consistent basis. There does not seem to be a pattern we can find.

We suspected our proxy server was causing the traffic to be blocked, but we completely bypass the proxy server for this URL.

We have also upgraded to 10.2 M020, but the issue remains.

We have been living with this issue, but it's getting bad. Our management does not understand why we cannot get this feature to work properly. They state that it was a major selling point, and why would we continue to use this if it doesn't work as advertised.

3 REPLIES 3

Tim,

I suggest you to post your request in this more specific groupWindchill Document Management, and I think Scott Morris‌ can try to help you with your opened case.

Marco
tgudobba
14-Alexandrite
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Thanks Marco, I just posted it there.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:tgudobba)
Top Tags