cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Tibco HawkRandomAccessFile.dll starts with problems

FabioValente
11-Garnet

Tibco HawkRandomAccessFile.dll starts with problems

I'm getting some log errors when start Tibco's services. 

The log files says that can't find dependent libraries, but don´t show the ones, at least the names.

2023 Apr 18 17:42:39:521 GMT -03:00 HawkAgent.JACVMQASESI02 Error [Application] HWKXXX-000010 E:\ptc\esi_12.0\tibco\hawk\6.2\bin\HawkRandomAccessFile.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
2023 Apr 18 17:42:39:522 GMT -03:00 HawkAgent.JACVMQASESI02 Error [Application] HWKXXX-000018 In LFMicroAgent exception from scan thread: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: E:\ptc\esi_12.0\tibco\hawk\6.2\bin\HawkRandomAccessFile.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(ClassLoader.java:2430)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2487)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:2684)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2649)
at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:827)
at java.base/java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1871)
at COM.TIBCO.hawk.agent.logfilema.HawkRandomAccessFile.<clinit>(HawkRandomAccessFile.java:71)
at COM.TIBCO.hawk.microagent.logfilema.LFStream.<init>(LFStream.java:41)
at COM.TIBCO.hawk.microagent.logfilema.LFMonitor.initializeStream(LFMonitor.java:110)
at COM.TIBCO.hawk.microagent.logfilema.LFMonitor.initialize(LFMonitor.java:104)
at COM.TIBCO.hawk.microagent.logfilema.LFMonitor.getData(LFMonitor.java:156)
at COM.TIBCO.hawk.microagent.logfilema.LFMicroAgent$ScanThread.run(LFMicroAgent.java:524)

This cause a problems on start or stop services, that can´t be automatized and necessary someone solved manually.

Plus, there a lot of services stayed locked on memory, and need to be killed manually.

P.S.: Apparently doesn't chash the working, but fill the server´s memory with stucked aplications repeteadly.

Fábio Valente - Developer and Solution Architect
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found it a solution!

Problem solved with this post from Tibco Support page
https://support.tibco.com/s/article/Failed-to-start-hma-in-windows-server-2016-and-2019

From about 20 days ago (!)

Thank you all!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Found a similar issue - "Unable to start TIBCO Administrator process with error: Startup error: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: <TIBCO home>\tibjre64\xx\bin\awt.dll: Can't find dependent libraries in Windchill Enterprise Systems Integration 12.0": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS369011

Thank you Vladimir, we'll try this suggestion.

I reinstalled over the other one, and run java -version with return right one that installed, but still with the same issue.

Thank you!

Have you checked what hawk.log file is saying?

Are there out of memory errors, such as: 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space'?

Yes, i'm checked and couldn't found more information. There's not OutOfMemory or some like this, i make a search on hawk.log, hawk1... until the last one hawk5.log.

Pasting a litle part of the hawk.log text:

2023 Apr 25 01:24:40:133 GMT -03:00 HawkAgent.JACVMQASESI02 Info [Application] HWKXXX-000015 In LFMicroAgent: ScanThread started...
2023 Apr 25 01:24:50:135 GMT -03:00 HawkAgent.JACVMQASESI02 Error [Application] HWKXXX-000010 Could not initialize class COM.TIBCO.hawk.agent.logfilema.HawkRandomAccessFile
2023 Apr 25 01:24:50:135 GMT -03:00 HawkAgent.JACVMQASESI02 Error [Application] HWKXXX-000018 In LFMicroAgent exception from scan thread: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class COM.TIBCO.hawk.agent.logfilema.HawkRandomAccessFile
at COM.TIBCO.hawk.microagent.logfilema.LFStream.<init>(LFStream.java:41)
at COM.TIBCO.hawk.microagent.logfilema.LFMonitor.initializeStream(LFMonitor.java:110)
at COM.TIBCO.hawk.microagent.logfilema.LFMonitor.initialize(LFMonitor.java:104)
at COM.TIBCO.hawk.microagent.logfilema.LFMonitor.getData(LFMonitor.java:156)
at COM.TIBCO.hawk.microagent.logfilema.LFMicroAgent$ScanThread.run(LFMicroAgent.java:524)

Thank you.

You can run  HawkAgent in debug mode by setting parameter -log_level in hawkagent.cfg to 8. See if it gives more information.

Thank you. I has change from 7 (default) to 8, but nothing changes on hawk.log, i just get the same messages.

Someone know how dll files are required?

My Environment path from tibhawkhma.tra file:

# Set the PATH
tibco.env.PATH %JVM_LIB_DIR%;%HAWK_HOME%/bin;%HAWK_HOME%/ami_api/bin;%HAWK_CONFIG_HOME%/bin;%RV_HOME%/bin;%EMS_HOME%/lib;%TPCL_HOME%/lib;/../plugin2;.;%PATH%

# Set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
tibco.env.LD_LIBRARY_PATH %JVM_LIB_DIR%;%HAWK_HOME/bin%/lib;%HAWK_HOME%/ami_api/lib;%RV_HOME%/lib;%EMS_HOME%/lib;%TPCL_HOME%/lib;%LD_LIBRARY_PATH%

# Set the SHLIB_PATH
tibco.env.SHLIB_PATH %JVM_LIB_DIR%;%HAWK_HOME/bin%/lib;%HAWK_HOME%/ami_api/lib;%RV_HOME%/lib;%EMS_HOME%/lib;%TPCL_HOME%/lib;%SHLIB_PATH%

# Set the LIBPATH
tibco.env.LIBPATH %JVM_LIB_DIR%;%HAWK_HOME/bin%/lib;%HAWK_HOME%/ami_api/lib;%RV_HOME%/lib;%EMS_HOME%/lib;%TPCL_HOME%/lib;%LIBPATH%

# Set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
tibco.env.DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH %JVM_LIB_DIR%;%HAWK_HOME/bin%/lib;%HAWK_HOME%/ami_api/lib;%RV_HOME%/lib;%EMS_HOME%/lib;%TPCL_HOME%/lib;%DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH%

Thank you again

Have you restarted HawkAgent? If you are using Windows Services, try command line instead.

Here are Hawk configuration options for logging (Table 7):

TIBCO Hawk Installation, Configuration, and Administration

Also, check resolutions in the URL link below as a reference, even though they may not appear to be directly related to your issue:

Domain Hawkagent OutOfMemory causes the Businessworks/Adapter processes to stop processing. (tibco.com)

Yes, i'm stopped the services (TIBCO Administrator, EMS and Hawk Agent), and then start one by one... i really don´t understood why the log content don´t changed.

I had seen the OutOfMemory topic too. Tryed to relate to my case, but without sucess.

Thank you

What version of ESI are you using? Is it compatible with TIBCO Hawk version 6.2?

On windchill is 12.0.2.0 esi services

On Tibco:

TIBCO Administrator: 5.12.0_V7
Tomcat: 9.0.52.0
TIBCO Repository: 5.12.1_V7
JRE: 11.0.12 (install the 11.0.15.1 but there are some problem and "back" to old one. i'm waiting the infra teams make a snapshot from server to change it)
TRA: 5.12.1_V7
TIBCO Rendezvous (RV): 8.5.2
TIBCO Hawk: 6.2.1.V13--001

ESI 12.0.2.0 bundles Hawk 5.2.0 and you are using TIBCO Hawk: 6.2.1.V13--001. See the 12.0.2.0 Software matrices link below:

Windchill 12.0.0.0 Software Matrices (ptc.com)

I found it a solution!

Problem solved with this post from Tibco Support page
https://support.tibco.com/s/article/Failed-to-start-hma-in-windows-server-2016-and-2019

From about 20 days ago (!)

Thank you all!

Announcements

Top Tags