cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Time and Date report

Markh74
9-Granite

Time and Date report

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Good day. I am new to Windchill and I need help with a report that can give me the time and date of when the state changes for a document. For example when I create a new document it is a revision A.1 in a state of "in work". After a few days it is changed to a revision B.1 and changed to a state of "under review". I need a report that can give me the time and dates of all these event changes.

Description:

Good day. I am new to Windchill and I need help with a report that can give me the time and date of when the state changes for a document. For example when I create a new document it is a revision A.1 in a state of "in work".
After a few days it is changed to a revision B.1 and changed to a state of "under review".
I need a report that can give me the time and dates of all these event changes.

3 REPLIES 3

The only way to track the date change in reference to an object state change is to use workflow tasks.

Here you can read what is changed in the DB with each date change.

What is the usage of database UPDATESTAMPA2 and MODIFYSTAMPA2 columns in Windchill

Which database table stores "Start Date" and "Date Completed/End Date" of all workflow task/activity of "Routing/Process History" table in Windchill PDMLink

And this is a report to record the dates of each task in the workflow

How to report completed tasks and date/time with QueryBuilder in Windchill PDMLink

Marco

Hello @Markh74

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

If you just want to report when the state changed, independent of a workflow, you can use the query builder to make something like this:

joe_morton_0-1719936565291.png

This will let you get a report that corresponds to the "Life Cycle History" table for the document. It's helpful to compare the query results with this table. You may need to customize your view to see it: 

joe_morton_1-1719936721417.png

I usually include this criteria, to only get timestamps when the object entered the state:

joe_morton_2-1719936887432.png

There's a lot of help articles on using Query Builder. You'll need to add more criteria to get just the results you're interested in.

Top Tags