cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Tired of PTC's support and how they handled the end of Product Point

AlexKoch
1-Newbie

Tired of PTC's support and how they handled the end of Product Point

We are a smaller company that needed some kind of data managment software and our reseller steered us towards Product Point. This has been an extremely unlucky turn of events for us and I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem? We spent a lot of time and money on not only getting our data migrated but also training. Within two months of getting set up we got an email on a Friday afternoon saying that PTC was going to kill Product Point.

This was extremely frustrating because we hadnt even really got into a stride with using Product Point. We sure felt like someone at PTC had to know that they were going to kill it when it was sold to us and they still let us spend time migrating and training on it when they knew that it was going to be put to pasture. We hadnt even got far enough into using Product Point far enough to realize exactly why they killed it. Our save and regen times have done nothing but get longer and longer and we have people sitting and watching a computer screen more than ever. Our effeciency has went down the drain and has cost us a boatload.

The bandaid that PTC is so eager to give us is that we are getting Windchill for the price of Product Point. It would have been way cheaper to go to Windchill in the first place and only had to migrate all of our data and train everyone one time. We dont have a full time dedicated CadAdmin. We are trying to develop products and be administrator on our Cad at the same time. They also said they would support Product Point through the end of the year. The term support must mean something different to them then it does to me. I feel like we are paying them to help them develop their product through our maintainence agreement.

How does everyone else feel about getting pushed over to Windchill?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags