cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Trying to change the Organization Internet Domain name

tstacy
1-Newbie

Trying to change the Organization Internet Domain name

I just installed Windchill 10.2 and discovered that the Organization Internet Domain name was incorrect. Following an instruction document from PTC (CS115451) that gives instructions on how to change this internet domain name after installation, I found that not everything was changed. I change the Internet Domain for the Organization Principal and the entry in site.xconf that specifies the SiteOrganization.internetDomain property (all per the instructions). The problem I'm having is that the Types are not getting changed like the instructions indicated. The soft types under EPM Document and Model Item are not reflecting my new internet domain name. I was able to edit the soft types under Document and change the name, but the ones under EPM Document and Model Item do not allow me to change the name via Edit.

Has anybody run into this situation with Windchill 10.2? If so, what did you do? I am currently working with PTC Tech Support to get this resolved, but I thought I'd ask the community also.

3 REPLIES 3
dkopecky
11-Garnet
(To:tstacy)

Hello Theresa,

I have exactly the same problem, I installed system for Upgrade but by mistake used wronk Internet Domain Name, according CS115451 did everything but internal names of EPM Document have wronk domain... Have you got an answer from PTC? I just opend a case there, but didnt have a reply yet. Thank you. David

Yes, I'm going to try to attach a MSWord document I wrote containing the instructions I got from PTC.

dkopecky
11-Garnet
(To:tstacy)

Thank you very much for this Document, this one realy helped me.

Top Tags