cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Two different organizations

dsaadsalomao
7-Bedrock

Two different organizations

It is possible the same user as the creator of products of two different organizations?

8 REPLIES 8

go in each organization \ Autors and add user

Hi Carlos,

The user it is associated with an organization. By selecting the creators of product I can only choose the user associated with this organization.

The user may be associated with two or more organizations? How?

Thanks

It is always a good idea to create a special account in each organization to avoid letting normal users create product or libraries. Projects run under a different rule. To allow a user from a different organization or a unaffiliated user (no organization defined) to create a product or library under a different organization, remove the access control rule permission that either appears at site or in the organization /Default domain that grants 'create' permission of the Product and Library objects to the special creator group for that organization. If you remove it, you will need to define a new rule for your group or user! Better to just add a extra rule. That should do the trick, however, it is not advised. Also, the organization you create needs to be a subscribing organization to hold products, libraries, and project contexts/containers.

Hi David,

I have tested thoroughly, but didn't work. This procedure was performed by You, some time.....

thanks for your help

create a user at site level not at organization level, than add to organizations.

Daniel - you can consider an exchange "administrator" or an exchange "user" to not be affiliated to any specific organization and available across organizations. Then it's quite easy to consider this "cross user" to participate to several organizations simultaneously. IMHO "creator" role will be more easy to administrate if this "special" user is "unaffiliated" (and available accross multiple organizations). We usually consider "wcadmin" to be the "Exchange Administrator" while each organization should have a dedicated Organization Administrator (i.e orgadmin1 for org1 and orgadmin2 for org2). Hope this helps! VBR/H

Hi Herve,

I have tested thoroughly, but didn't work. This procedure was performed by You, some time.....

thanks for your help

We added the following best practice to the Windchill administrator documentation at 10.1 M010. I believe it captures Herve's recommendation, but I'd welcome any additional feedback:

Establishing Site Administrators

When Windchill is installed, an administrator user is established (for example, wcadmin). This initial administrator is checked any time the method server is restarted. The initial administrator is also the first member of the Administrators group. Out of the box, the members of the Administrators group have full control over all Windchill objects and are commonly called the system or site administrators. While it is possible to use this initial administrator to create other contexts and establish teams, PTC recommends creating another site administrator to oversee context creation and management to improve performance of Windchill start up. You can create another site administrator using the Participant Administration utility by assigning a user to the Administrators group.

Top Tags