cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Two rehosting problems (SQL Server and LDAP Ant Script)

ptc-2268933
1-Newbie

Two rehosting problems (SQL Server and LDAP Ant Script)

(Running Windchill PDMLink 9.1 M20 and Aphelion)

We ran through rehosting through the rehosting attempts and have hit two major problems:

1. the LDAP ant script is not moving the databases and somewhere in the rehost process created two configurations in the aphelion.

A. We installed a new aphelion, ran the ant script, and the databases did not move. We did not export them outside the ant script since there are not many users to begin with.

2. When I check the configurations in the Ldap Browser, we have two configurations, once for source and one for target.

Anyone know how to get through this? We run the ant sript : ant "-Dtarget-ldap=ldap://cn=manager:(ldappwd)@cvptc03.(company domain)/" -Dtarget-domain=cvptc02.(company-domain). Our ldap server is separate from the windchill application server.

Bigger question

Anyone know about updating the repository tables for rehosted info*engine repositories in sql databases? Our dba knows about sql, but not about windchill. When I pull up the repositories table in sql manager, I get three repositories: ldap, enterpriseldap, windchill server. The ldaps are not pointing to the target or source ldap server, just last known domains of ldap.company-domain.com. the windchill server has a long number scheme in the guid. I don't know where to start or find better instructions. When i change the last known domains to the target, it doesn't fix anything.

PTC set us up initially 3 years ago, but did not explain the sql database details.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-2268933)

I had issues with LDAP ANT scripts when I did my 9.0m050 rehost.

Try an export of the Aphelion data from the source machine, then import that into the target machine and run the ANT script in to rehost guide on page 13 in the August 2008, Rehost Guide for 7, 8 & 9. May be a different page in the 9.1 Rehost guide. It is the ANT script you are running below, anyway. That still failed for me, so PTC had me export on the target side and manually scan the file for my source computer name, edit it the target name and then import the file back in. That fixed my LDAP rehost issue.

As with most things Windchill related, what worked for one person may not work for another.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

In Reply to Bryon Thomas:

Ok, so PTC finally got back and walked me through the steps for both. Our method server on the target finally came up!

1. We manually transported the LDAP from source to target. (we already ran the ant script, so some configurations changed at different points in rehosting, so these are steps after all rehosting steps occurred, and problem still existed.)

B. Completely delete the o=ptc configuration tree.

D. Delete configuration for source. Import by update/add the configuration ldif from step A.

F. Double check properties in Windchill to ensure everything points to target.

2. the SQL db was already moved, but problems in the repository table and properties prevented db from launching during method server startup.

B. When we followed the rehost guide and changed the db configuration files, jdbc.service should have had a blank value. We had inserted the serve instance name of our db initially. Having a service name for some reason prevented the db from connecting to Windchill.

Windchill launched right up after all this!

Thanks for all the help everyone shared with me. This was a long and painstaking process to the say the least.

(Running Windchill PDMLink 9.1 M20 and Aphelion)

We ran through rehosting through the rehosting attempts and have hit two major problems:

1. the LDAP ant script is not moving the databases and somewhere in the rehost process created two configurations in the aphelion.

A. We installed a new aphelion, ran the ant script, and the databases did not move. We did not export them outside the ant script since there are not many users to begin with.

2. When I check the configurations in the Ldap Browser, we have two configurations, once for source and one for target.

Anyone know how to get through this? We run the ant sript : ant "-Dtarget-ldap=ldap://cn=manager:(ldappwd)@cvptc03.(company domain)/" -Dtarget-domain=cvptc02.(company-domain). Our ldap server is separate from the windchill application server.

Bigger question

Anyone know about updating the repository tables for rehosted info*engine repositories in sql databases? Our dba knows about sql, but not about windchill. When I pull up the repositories table in sql manager, I get three repositories: ldap, enterpriseldap, windchill server. The ldaps are not pointing to the target or source ldap server, just last known domains of ldap.company-domain.com. the windchill server has a long number scheme in the guid. I don't know where to start or find better instructions. When i change the last known domains to the target, it doesn't fix anything.

PTC set us up initially 3 years ago, but did not explain the sql database details.

Thanks

Top Tags