cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Unable open my MCAD files from my workspace.

Nisse
1-Newbie

Unable open my MCAD files from my workspace.

Dear all,

Pro/E & Creo user since 1997, Windchill since 2008, in various roles such as simple user, office trainer as well as configuration management for both software. Well, now I have an issue I have never seen before. One cannot know all Hoping someone can help me with this. I tried to search for a similar issue but could not find any.

The issue is the following: I cannot download MCAD data from PDM into my workspace, independently if the data or workspace is old or new.

I'm using WF5 M100 with PDM Link 10.1 M020. Let's start from scratch so you can easily understand:

- First of all, I delete my cache, removing the full content of the ROOT folder.

- Check my Windchill settings, in the Preference Manager I enabled my Workspace.

- Start Pro/E, standard set-up without any weird config.sup or *.pro settings

- Link to my Windchill server (through Pro/E embedded browser)

- I create a new workspace, no matter if linked to PRODUCT or LIBRARY

- I check my role, I'm a MEMBER so at least in my PRODUCT I have read & write access.

- I now create a new Pro/E MCAD file (called TEST0123), followed by "save & upload" it into the workspace.

- I unlink Pro/E from the server and close down the software.

- Start Pro/E again, link to the server & workspace. In my workspace I can see the previously created file.

- Open my just created MCAD file TEST0123.

- And here we go, I'm unable to open my file!!

The message bar in Pro/E tells me this:

'TEST0123' cannot be retrieved

The Pro/E embedded workspace (local workspace) tells me this!

Error.jpg

As you can see there is a warning icon next to the MCAD number.

Anyone able to help me with this issue? Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:Nisse)

Are there any error messages written to the Method Server log when you try to open the file?

Hi Chris,

Any change you can tell me where to find this log file? Is it saved on my computer or are you talking about the error message menu in windchill.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Why are you disconnecting from the workspace? Leave your Pro/E system connected to Windchill at all times.

Even thou the Windchill browser can see you workspace and file, is that the connected and active workspace? Windchill browser will see files in workspaces, but can only open files from your active workspace.

Hi Ben,

There is no difference wheter I do or don't disconnect Windchill. The issue remains the same.

And yes, in all cases the Workspace is always active.

Nisse
1-Newbie

Having worked longer on the issue now, it became clear to me the issue is related to some WIndows setting of my computer. With my login on another computer everything works perfectly. With another login on my computer things go wrong again. This makes me conclude the issue is not related to Windchill, Pro/E or any other personal setting. Maybe Bill can help me out here

Top Tags