cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Unable to Launch PSI on Windows 10

ShripadJoshi
5-Regular Member

Unable to Launch PSI on Windows 10

I m trying to launch PSI on Windows 10 resulted opening in notpad

( I know windows 10 is not supported but for POC purpose or dev we can install it on Windows 10)

Any one have some input on this ? 

Referred below article but issue persistent.

http://support.ptc.com/help//wnc/r11.2.0.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/WCUpdInstall_LaunchPSI.html

4 REPLIES 4

Confused a bit but it seems that setup.vbs just opened in Notepad for edit? Sounds like a filetype association. This appears to be your issue:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/vbscript-files-open-with-notepad/

Now as far as being on supported OS, I have gotten Windchill (older versions) to execute on Windchill 10 and 7 back in the day. Very convenient having Dev environment easily accessible on my laptop. The PSI might puke if they put in a check to detect non-compliant OS. I have not tried with 11.2 or higher and certainly you get no support from PTC. As the preacher said in Blazing Saddles, "Your on your own." I have gotten comfortable running in a VM on a Red Hat since it mimic test and prod very closely.

I've always had a laptop install for same purpose. Currently have 12.0 on my Windows 10 laptop.

I remember that there was some mystery getting PSI to launch and forgot now exactly how I solved it.

Installed Java (Amazon Corretto), both 1.8 and 1.11 because I'm still using DS.

Then, set Env Var's for both:

- LAX_VM   C:\AmazonCorrettoJava\jdk11.0\bin\java.exe

- JAVA_HOME    C:\AmazonCorrettoJava\jdk11.0

Have to launch setup.vbs from an admin command window.

ShripadJoshi
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeLockwood)

Thanks for your inputs  MikeLockwood & avillanueva. 

Please find snap for your reference . Still I m struggling to launch PSI.

SJ_10376929_0-1668951635626.png

SJ_10376929_1-1668951660462.png

SJ_10376929_2-1668951705549.png

SJ_10376929_3-1668951750390.png

One other thought comes to mind.

Sometimes (I don't know what triggers), you have to "unblock" the zip file downloaded from PTC before extracting it.  I routinely see if they are blocked now.

MikeLockwood_0-1668979756137.png

A second suggestion I was going to make it to install from the 12.0.0.0 media rather that from the Solutions Installer in a CPS, but it appears that you are doing that.  I've seen many times that the 0.0.0 solutions installer installs on a laptop where the same from a CPS does not.

Other than that, don't know what to suggest but will think about it some more.

Top Tags