cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Unable to import workflow from 12.0 to 12.1

SP_10298892
4-Participant

Unable to import workflow from 12.0 to 12.1

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.0.0

Not able to import workflow from one Windchill Instance(12.1) to 12.0.

Here are the errors that I faced
2023-11-22 14:49:52,298 ERROR [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-4] wt.ixb.parallelImport.ImportEngineImpl wcadmin - Import/Task execution failed!!! Error - Message: Resource bundle/Message key = wt.ixb.publicforhandlers.ixbResource/8
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @SP_10298892 

It is normal, because the DTD definition of the xml input is different and the template export/import is not supported between different versions.

You can check the exported xml file from both systems and compare the elements in the XML files

then modify the input file as the target system required.

PetrH

Hi Petr,

Thanks for quick response. Is there any way I can do that? I was able to import the lifecycles from 12.0 to 12.1.

But workflows are not getting imported. I did change the below tag:

"<!DOCTYPE NmLoader SYSTEM "standard12_0.dtd">". 

Made it from:

<!DOCTYPE NmLoader SYSTEM "standard12_1.dtd">

To:

<!DOCTYPE NmLoader SYSTEM "standard12_0.dtd">

Please suggest.

Thanks

Hi @SP_10298892 

Yes it is possible if the DTD is not changed. 

As I said, 

You need to find what is different in the xml file in the Windchill 12.0 and 12.1.

compare the xmls exported from first and second system and then change your sours xml file that you want to import with elements that are added or removed based on the target system. 

It is not easy but you can modify the input file to format that can be imported to the system where you need it.

for example

Wch 12.0 has following required elements

<A/>

<B/>

<C/>

<D/>

and 

Wch 12.1 has following required elements

<A/>

<B/>

<C/>

<D/>

<E/>

<F/>

If you need to import xml from 12.0 to 12.1 you need to add the E and F elements

If you need to import xml from 12.1 to 12.0 you need to remove the E and F elements

this principle works for real XML files you use to import/export 

PetrH

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:HelesicPetr)

Adding this article but I think this was meant for importing from previous version. Give it a shot and see:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS19704?source=search

Definitely it can help 

"Cross release import" does not mention which way it is possible >D up down or bottom up 😄 

PetrH

Top Tags