cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Unable to open files which were created several years ago with CREO 2.0 or older versions (2015)

CC_10080718
2-Guest

Unable to open files which were created several years ago with CREO 2.0 or older versions (2015)

Hello,

I have upgraded from CREO 6.0 to CREO 8.0 and I get an error "cannot be retrieved" occasionally when opening files which were created several years ago with CREO 2.0 or so (old version back in 2015).  Frustrating thing is that it is not consistent, sometimes I can open the files without a problem.  I thought it might be other programs that I have open, but I have not been able to confirm this.

Any idea how to solve this?

Chris 

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:CC_10080718)

Please do NOT add comments to a post that is 9 years old!

What types of files are giving you issues, parts, assemblies or drawings? 

Are you getting any error messages, besides a Cannot be retrieved one?

Have you looked in the trail file for any clues?

Are you using a PDM system like Windchill?

Hello, Thank you for getting back to me.

I receive this message for both parts and assemblies; No other messages; No idea where the trail file is or how to get to it; I don’t know where to find this information, have always wondered where Windchill comes into play.

Sorry, I can’t help more than this.

I’m able to work on files that I created with the previous version 6.0 (my files created 2022) even though I’m not able to open the 2015 files.

Chris

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:CC_10080718)

The trail file is located in your Start-In folder as defined in your desktop shortcut icon to launch Creo.

It is just a text file so it can be opened in Notepad or Wordpad and will give information about what Creo is doing in your session.

Windchill is a PDM system that manages your files and workflows for product release, etc. If you are a small shop, we probably don't have it.

Nothing that I can see in the Trail file. Take a look and see if you can see something I missed.

We only have two licenses and I’m the primary user; however, I do not have admin rights to support this software. If it requires IT Admin to fix then I must submit a Service Ticket for my IT department to discuss with your software support staff.

Chris

Top Tags