cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Unable to upload a CAD document(creo assembly) to windchill using windchill interface

saood
4-Participant

Unable to upload a CAD document(creo assembly) to windchill using windchill interface

Hello everyone,

I'm seeking assistance with uploading a local Creo assembly to Windchill 13.0. Despite my efforts, I haven't been successful in completing the upload process.

Here's what I've tried so far:

• I attempted to upload the assembly as a simple document through Site -> Folders. However, this method does not recognize it as a part or an assembly, nor does it identify the child parts.

Based on the documentation, it appears that I may need to upload the assembly as a product rather than as a document in my site folder. However, I'm not entirely sure about the correct procedure for this.

Could someone please provide guidance on the proper steps to upload a Creo assembly to Windchill so that it is recognized correctly as an assembly with its child parts?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:saood)

Hi @saood 

The Documents are used for normal files from your disc like a excel, word, txt file and so on.

If you need to upload CAD Document file especially Creo part or assembly you have to use Creo Parametric.

Open the Creo Parametric,

Register the Windchill address with your login

Create a Workspace

Open assembly in your Creo Session

Save the assembly to the workspace

Upload the files and check in from the Workspace.

Done.

PS> I would advice you to participate a CAD Data management training to learn how to work with a Windchill as a designer.

PetrH

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @saood 

The Documents are used for normal files from your disc like a excel, word, txt file and so on.

If you need to upload CAD Document file especially Creo part or assembly you have to use Creo Parametric.

Open the Creo Parametric,

Register the Windchill address with your login

Create a Workspace

Open assembly in your Creo Session

Save the assembly to the workspace

Upload the files and check in from the Workspace.

Done.

PS> I would advice you to participate a CAD Data management training to learn how to work with a Windchill as a designer.

PetrH

saood
4-Participant
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thank you for the help PetrH. I was hoping to perform this operation without connecting to creo, but it seems its unavoidable.
I would like to know more about the CAD Data management training you mentioned, can you point me in the right direction. Thanks again.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @saood 

The best option is to contact your license provider and ask for a training

or you can use PTC sources

Windchill: CAD-Driven Product Structure Management with Creo Parametric

PetrH

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You could load the files into Windchill using the Bulk Loader, but for someone who doesn't understand the basics of Windchill that would be very hard.

Are you loading just 1 assembly or do you have multiple assemblies to load?

What version of Creo and Windchill are you using?

saood
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Hello,

I want to load a single assembly at a time. I am using Creo 11.0 and windchill 13.0.
My main goal is to customize the application to extract the BOM using REST APIs. 

I believe the assemblies present in the demo products in windchill can be used to test the APIs. Otherwise, we will connect with creo.

P.S. i am indeed new to windchill. If you are aware of any useful online resources, I would appreciate if you could refer them. Thank you

Announcements

Top Tags