cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Unlock Item

Marc-AntoineLem
3-Visitor

Unlock Item

Hi all,

I'm trying to unlock a part and I get the following error:

'mypart.prt' is currently locked for update.

I tried numerous thing, I even have a call open with PTC. They can't figure it out.

Any idea.

Thanks

Marc

4 REPLIES 4

This is, to my understanding, a known issue of Productpoint. Had lots of these unwanted locks. With a couple of shared desktop sessions, someone of PTC tech support was able to fix it (you definitely must be a SQL server guru to understand what they are doing). Everytime they succeeded to remove the unwanted locks.

Since yesterday Productpoint M030 is installed at our site and unwanted locking should be something that is solved in this buildcode.

So you definetely should your salesrep or whatever, setup a shared desktop session with PTC so they can fix those locks. The past 6 months, I had 3 of these sessions. And of course, you (or someone with enough knowledge) should install build M030.

Cor

We've been running M030 since the beginning. I was able to remove the lock yesterday just like that !!!!!

We do have a lot of Synchronize, rename, update issue but we work around.

Thanks

Marc-Antoine

Guys,

Please log calls for as many of the issues you have with WPP. One of my WPP customers has had several issues with WPP, now resolved by development and support. I understand it takes effort to log the calls, but it will be to our benefit for future releases of the software. PTC need to know about these issues, so we can avoid work arounds.

I believe WPP is a great product, and will only get better. Let's use this forum to report and share experiences, work arounds, findings.

Have you seen a significant performance increase in m030?

Regards

Garry

No worries mate,

They (PTC) have (has) gigabytes worth of logfiles of our server & clients. We've just started working with M030 last week, so I'll post my findings in a couple of weeks.

Cor

Top Tags