cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Update IBA value through utility without changing last modified date

RG_11025060
6-Contributor

Update IBA value through utility without changing last modified date

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: I've updated an IBA value on Change Request, through a utility. ( not directly on the object through windchill UI). so, it has changed the last modified date of it as well. Is there any way we can revert this and set it back to the previous last modified date?

Description:

I've updated an IBA value on Change Request, through a utility. ( not directly on the object through windchill UI).
so, it has changed the last modified date of it as well. Is there any way we can revert this and set it back to the previous last modified date?

11 REPLIES 11

Do you know what the previous  modified date is?
Or are you asking how to determine what the previous modified date was?

Also, are you asking if there’s a way to not change the modified date when you use your utility or is it just this one case that you want the modified date to revert back to previous modified date?

RG_11025060
6-Contributor
(To:d_graham)

I was looking if there is a way to revert back to the previous modified date, but it might not be possible, since the update has already been done. 
So, for future updates to an IBA, can we update only the IBA value and somehow persist the last modified timestamp and rewrite the last modified date to the persisted timestamp?

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:RG_11025060)

its not recommended ,but  the only way if you are aware of the old value modify date is to run some SQLs after using the tool to set the old date.

Fede
RG_11025060
6-Contributor
(To:Fadel)

Unfortunately, I don't have a back up of old modified date. 

At least for future updates, I'm trying to see if there an API to persist and reset the last modified date.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

I'm not sure about the needed API , for the modify time you may check apache logs to see when we have called the edit change request wizard last time , have searched for "EditChangeRequestFormProcessor&wizardActionMethod=execute&actionName=edit"

Fadel_0-1718205640301.png

Even better if you have audit events enabled for "edit attributes" , we can then try to restitute info from auditrecord table  

Fadel_1-1718205834109.png

Fede
RG_11025060
6-Contributor
(To:Fadel)

I have updated some custom IBA values through a custom utility, and not from Windchill UI, through actions->edit etc.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

I meant , the old date (missing) is what we have recorded from UI and could be found in Apache logs or audit .

Fede

@RG_11025060 ,

I know how to update attributes without changing the IBAHolder’s modify date.

In short, I’ve written code that allows you to change attributes, link objects, etc. without changing the modify date. I do it all the time.

It’s definitely doable.

David

windchill.developer@yahoo.com 

RG_11025060
6-Contributor

@d_graham Awesome, can you provide which API or method you use to do it?

@RG_11025060 

That’s why I put my email address up.😁

David

RG_11025060
6-Contributor

Can you please post the API here, it might help others as well 🙂 

Announcements

Top Tags