cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Update database password

Ninjette
1-Newbie

Update database password

Does anybody know the proper procedure to update the database password for Windchill (after it's already been changed in Oracle)? Is it as simple as changing wt.pom.dbPassword via xconfmanager? Or is there more I need to do? Windchill 9.0 M030, Oracle 10.

1 REPLY 1

So I used xconfmanager for db.properties file (propagating changes) and it worked seamlessly. I am a newbie, so my questions may be somewhat fundamental.. but in this particular instance I'd found the following statement in the documentation (properties.html), so I didn't know if I needed to use the command on both the db.properties AND the wt.pom.properties file (I didn't and it still works):

In the properties.html file under Database Properties:

"Windchill's database layer uses the following properties to access the database. They can be set in the standard wt.properties file, but they are usually kept in separate files identified by the wt.pom.properties and com.ptc.core.query.properties property settings. The values in these separate files override those found in the wt.properties file. Database properties with the prefix "wt.pom" are generally defined in the wt.pom.properties file and properties with teh prefix "com.ptc.core.query" are generally defined in the com.ptc.core.query.properties".

Top Tags