cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Upgrade Issue when running upgrade manager. Standalone migrator fails

VINO
3-Visitor

Upgrade Issue when running upgrade manager. Standalone migrator fails

Hi All,

I'm in middle of upgrade from Windchill 10.1 M030 to 10.2 M020. Getting a issue while running upgrade manager in target

server in the Standalone migrator task.

Following is the error which I'm getting

Error occurred when executing the task of Populate the fields FullName, Last and Email in the WTUser table.
Error is

(com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.directives.directivesResource/27) com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.DirectiveExecutionException: Unexpected error executing a JavaMigratorDirective with className=wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields.

Nested exception is: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)Caused by:

1. wt.util.WTException: Error in finding mapping key for "user.cn" in adapter : local.xxxx.EnterpriseLdap

Nested exception is: com.infoengine.exception.adapter.IEAdapterException; nested exception is:

1. javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - The entry cn=Xxxxx xxx,ou=wma users,ou=sbusers,ou=users,ou=mybusiness,dc=xxxx,dc=local specified as the search base does not exist in the Directory Server]; remaining name 'cn=Xxxxx xxx,ou=wma users,ou=sbusers,ou=users,ou=mybusiness,dc=xxxx,dc=local'

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.readPrincipal(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:407)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.processPersistedUsers(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:187)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.populateUserFullNameFieldsAndUpdate(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:107)

at wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields.runMigration(PopulateUserFullNameFields.java:29)

... 24 more

Caused by: com.infoengine.exception.adapter.IEAdapterException; nested exception is:

1. javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - The entry cn=Xxxxx xxx,ou=wma users,ou=sbsusers,ou=users,ou=mybusiness,dc=xxxx,dc=local specified as the search base does not exist in the Directory Server]; remaining name 'cn=Xxxxx xxx,ou=wma users,ou=sbsusers,ou=users,ou=mybusiness,dc=xxxx,dc=local'

at com.infoengine.jndi.JNDIAdapterImpl.processRequest(JNDIAdapterImpl.java:254)

at com.infoengine.procunit.adapter.Adapter.send(Adapter.java:198)

at com.infoengine.SAK.ObjectWebject.invoke(ObjectWebject.java:262)

at com.infoengine.compiledTasks.file.D$3a$5cPTC$2dWindchill$5cWindchill$5ctasks.wt.federation.queryprincipals$2exml.invoke(queryprincipals$2exml.java:100)

at com.infoengine.SAK.Task.invoke(Task.java:1806)

at com.infoengine.SAK.Task.invoke(Task.java:1714)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.readPrincipal(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:359)

... 27 more

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - The entry cn=Xxxxx xxx,ou=wma users,ou=sbsusers,ou=users,ou=mybusiness,dc=xxxx,dc=local specified as the search base does not exist in the Directory Server]; remaining name 'cn=Xxxxx xxx,ou=wma users,ou=sbsusers,ou=users,ou=mybusiness,dc=xxxx,dc=local'

I found a similar issue in ptc knowledgebase at document CS59225 and also tried those solutions. But this exception is coming for every user. Already I have disable

three users so far. That document is talking about disconnected users in ldap. I got that issue while running my WinDU but later I fixed that and

completed my WinDU task without any failed tasks or problems.

Source system is using Active directory server. Will that be a root cause of this issue.? How should I proceed now. Please advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:VINO)

Has the target server been configured for Active Directory? The error message is saying that the search base configured for your EnterpriseLdap adapter doesn't exist in the Directory Server. Make sure this adapter is properly configured for Active Directory.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:VINO)

Has the target server been configured for Active Directory? The error message is saying that the search base configured for your EnterpriseLdap adapter doesn't exist in the Directory Server. Make sure this adapter is properly configured for Active Directory.

Thanks for your reply. And yes that was the issue then I've fixed that by properly configuring the Active Directory

in the target server.

Hey Vino,

How did you configure the Active Directory on the target? I thought that the upgrade manager did this automatically during the upgrade? Can you explain? I too am in the middle of an upgrade testing from 10.1 M020 to 10.2 M010.

Thanks,

Buddy

Hello Bryant,

Configure your target server with Active Directory before running the upgrade manager utility.

I have followed this CS29454 document from ptc knowledgebase. It worked perfectly.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=29454

Hi Chris,

After configuring AD i am getting the same errors and the thing is....

The host names of the source and target machines are changed and the tree structure will be different in source and target.Do you think we need to maintain the same service name and run time service in the target as well.

Please suggest how to proceed.

error log

======================================================

2015-07-09 22:05:32,233 ERROR [UpgradeEventFirer] com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.logging.UpgradeFrameworkLogger - Message: Error in java migrator code:

(com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.directives.directivesResource/27) com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.DirectiveExecutionException: Unexpected error executing a JavaMigratorDirective with className=wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields.

Nested exception is: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.directives.JavaMigratorDirective.invokeJavaMigratorApi(JavaMigratorDirective.java:403)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.directives.JavaMigratorDirective.execute(JavaMigratorDirective.java:202)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.IncrementalUpdate.execute(IncrementalUpdate.java:715)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.IncrementalUpdate.execute(IncrementalUpdate.java:661)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.UpdateRunner.applyUpdate(UpdateRunner.java:389)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.UpdateRunner.executeAllUpdatesIn(UpdateRunner.java:227)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.UpdateRunner.run(UpdateRunner.java:170)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.MigratorRunnerUpgradeState.execute(MigratorRunnerUpgradeState.java:68)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.MigratorTableRowCountsUpgradeState.execute(MigratorTableRowCountsUpgradeState.java:46)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.PhaseEventUpgradeState.execute(PhaseEventUpgradeState.java:55)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.PersistPhaseUpgradeState.execute(PersistPhaseUpgradeState.java:100)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.ReportWriterUpgradeState.execute(ReportWriterUpgradeState.java:74)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.run(UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.java:452)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.main_(UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.java:852)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.DynamicLauncher.runUpgradeFrameworkStateMachine(DynamicLauncher.java:112)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.DynamicLauncher.main(DynamicLauncher.java:30)

Caused by: wt.util.WTException: Error in finding mapping key for "user.cn" in adapter : com.nokia.net.ext.EnterpriseLdapCorp

Nested exception is: (com.infoengine.util.IEResource/48) com.infoengine.au.NoSuchServiceException: No such service:  "com.nokia.net.ext.EnterpriseLdapCorp"

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.readPrincipal(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:407)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.processPersistedUsers(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:187)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.populateUserFullNameFieldsAndUpdate(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:107)

at wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields.runMigration(PopulateUserFullNameFields.java:29)

... 24 more

Caused by: (com.infoengine.util.IEResource/48) com.infoengine.au.NoSuchServiceException: No such service:  "com.nokia.net.ext.EnterpriseLdapCorp"

at com.infoengine.au.NamingService.getService(NamingService.java:555)

at com.infoengine.au.NamingService.getAllAddresses(NamingService.java:901)

at com.infoengine.procunit.adapter.ConnectionManager.init(ConnectionManager.java:86)

at com.infoengine.procunit.adapter.ConnectionManager.<init>(ConnectionManager.java:68)

at com.infoengine.procunit.adapter.Adapter.createConnection(Adapter.java:709)

at com.infoengine.procunit.adapter.Adapter.<init>(Adapter.java:118)

at com.infoengine.SAK.ObjectWebject.invoke(ObjectWebject.java:143)

at com.infoengine.compiledTasks.file.opt.ptc.Windchill_10$2e2.Windchill.tasks.wt.federation.queryprincipals$2exml.invoke(queryprincipals$2exml.java:100)

at com.infoengine.SAK.Task.invoke(Task.java:1806)

at com.infoengine.SAK.Task.invoke(Task.java:1714)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.readPrincipal(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:359)

... 27 more

==============================================================================

Regards

Ashok

I think wt.federation.org.directoryServices is holding the adapter value which is not present in the configuration branch.  Did the custom addition adapter appear in additional adapter tab of upgrade manager?

Thanks

Binesh
Barry Wehmiller International

Hi Binesh

I am unable to find the AD adaptor.

Do i need to change the any settings to appear the corp ldap.

adaptor.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ashok

If the custom JNDI adapter is already present in the target, then it wont appear in the additional adapters. I remember a bug related to upgrade manager where some stale entries in Upgradeuser.properties preventing the additional adapters from getting detected.  Was it the first run of upgrade manager? You can lookup for this information in support portal.

Also ensure that all the adapters which have in wt.federation.org.directoryServices is not present in the configuration branch of LDAP

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller

Top Tags