cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Upgrade Manager for 10.0 to 11.0

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Upgrade Manager for 10.0 to 11.0

I am working on an inplace upgrade from Windchill 10.0 m040 to Windchill 11.0 m030, and Oracle from 11g to 12c.

I have taken my production data and rehosted it to my test servers and verified that it runs. There are no WinDU errors but some potential problems that I am working through simultaneously.

I have done the import of Oracle into 12c with no errors.

I have done the import of the LDAP into Windchill DS for 11.0, overridding the OOTB box data.

When I run Upgrade Manager, it gets to the Verify Supported Upgrade Path step and runs for a few minutes and then fails. The failed messages is: Missing Configuration branch: The configuration branch on the target directory server appears to be missing.

I do have a configuration brnach under WC10 node under o=ptc. I had to create the o=usec before doing my import from the WC10 export.

Any pointers as to how to correct this?

4 REPLIES 4
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:BenLoosli)

@BenLoosli wrote:

I am working on an inplace upgrade from Windchill 10.0 m040 to Windchill 11.0 m030, and Oracle from 11g to 12c.

I have taken my production data and rehosted it to my test servers and verified that it runs. There are no WinDU errors but some potential problems that I am working through simultaneously.

I have done the import of Oracle into 12c with no errors.

I have done the import of the LDAP into Windchill DS for 11.0, overridding the OOTB box data.

import from the WC10 export.

When I migrated from 10.2 M030 to 11.0 F000 I did not overwrite the OOTB ldap data. I appended the 10.2 export to the 11.0. After appending I had 2 branches: one from the new 11.0 install and the newly appended one from the "source" 10.2 import. The upgrade manager will ask you for the name of the "source" branch and give you an option to merge it into the new 11.0 branch so you only have one branch when done.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RandyJones)

When I do the import with it set for append, my Windchill_11.0 node is repalced by Windchill_10. and Windchill_9.0 nodes. Also none of the data from my company o=usec node is being written. It is all dumping to the skipped.txtx file. I did take a backup of the Windchill_11.0 OOTB structure and it restores fine. I am going to try to create the DN of o=usec then do another import of the Windchill_10.0/9.0 data. That did not work.The Windchill_11.0 node under o=ptc is still being deleted. Without that node the Upgrade Manager fails.

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi @BenLoosli,

While upgrading from 10.0 to 11.0, did you change the ldap values while installing new windchill instance? Should BaseDN be same as previous instance or should it be different? Also should I change CN as old instance or should leave as it is for the new instance? 

Your reply would be of great help since I am stuck with this from some time.

Vinay S.
CADOpt Technologies Private Limited
Bengaluru.
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Vinay_S)

I believe I left it alone and just appended my old data to the new DS.

Top Tags