After running the upgrade manager successfully (9.1M050 to 10.0M030) Windchill home page shows the error
HTTP Status 404 - /Windchill/netmarkets/jsp/netmarkets/overview.jsp
Description: The requested resource is not available.
The overview.jsp page is not present in the above location on the 10M030 system, but is present on the 9.1 system at /codebase/netmarkets/jsp/netmarkets/overview.jsp . Tried using the same file in target, but that did not work. Could not find any property anywhere referring to the specific page either. How do we avoid this error showing up?
Which JVM version are you running? On which platform?
I'd guess that you're running Java 6 Update 23 or lower on an Intel or AMD processor. In this case you're likely seeing a JIT bug in the JVM that impacts Java 6 Update 18 through 23 inclusive and the solution is simple -- move to a later (and ideally the latest) Java 6 update.
The latest Java 6 Update is currently Update 31.
Hi Jess, We were on Java 6 Update 28 (Intel). Updated now to 31, but still has the same error.
You don't have a JIT problem then, but rather something quite different.
I'd suggest taking this up with technical support.
I just came across this problem during an upgrade from Windchill 9.0 M070 to Windchill 10.2 M030.
Removing the following property from site.xconf and propagating the change with the command xconfmanager -p from a Windchill shell solved it for me.
<Property name="wt.homepage.jsp" overridable="true" targetFile="codebase/wt.properties"
Remember to restart the method server to let the change come into effect.
All of a sudden I was getting a very similar error when I clicked on a PDMLink from either MS Word or MS Excel, but was fine from MS Outlook. The only difference is the ending, which depended on which page I was trying to reach. I thought it was Office for a while, but when I set Chrome to the default it didn't do it so I know the problem was in IE.
After comparing the web addresses, I found out that IE was changing the pound symbol "#" in the hyperlink to "%20-%20" (everything without quotes). I could even click on the link, get the Tomcat error, and then replace the text with a pound symbol and it would go to the correct page. I manually reverted all the settings I could find to what I had last recorded which worked. Evidently I was missing some setting because after playing with settings for a couple of hours I reset all the IE settings (all except didn't delete personal stuff) and now I do not get the tomcat error anymore! I have do idea what setting controls this in IE, so I don't know how it happened, or how to avoid it but at least it is working now.
For example, when trying to access the
So it seems this error is just PDMLinks way of saying the link is broken.
Relevant Software version info:
MS Office 2010
PDMLink 10.1 M050