cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Upgrade Windchill Visualization Services (WVS) from 5.0 to 8.0 on WC 11.1 M020

ScottMorris
17-Peridot

Upgrade Windchill Visualization Services (WVS) from 5.0 to 8.0 on WC 11.1 M020

Anyone out there implemented WVS upgrades for Windchill? We are currently at 11.1 M020 CPS19 and we're considering a WVS upgrade from the originally certified version of 5.0 to 8.0.

Definitely should have considered this upgrade sooner, but now that we're so far behind, I'm curious if anyone has experience with what all the new features are going from 5.0 to 8.0 and are there any major changes to WVS that will impact how we are using it today? 

3 REPLIES 3

Are you referring to on the server side or the CAD Adapters and Creo View? I think the latter has little risk. We started with 11.1 M020 and Creo 7.1. 

Yes, just looking to update the visualization services component on the server and the CAD workers and then push update Creo View to the matching version. I have not kept up with changes in the point releases of WVS since 5.1 to 8.0 and want to make sure there are no major changes that will disrupt our publishing processes.

I'm finding it difficult to find any resources on the PTC support site for upgrading WVS or even understanding what's different from one release to another.

Apparently, I was not searching in the right places and TS sent me this link 👍
https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/support/refdocs/Creo_View/7,-d-,1/WhatsNewCreoView.pdf?sc_lang=en

Top Tags