We have recently migrated our PDMLink to a 9.1M070 version. This PDMLink is connected to an old Oracle database 10gR2 and we want to upgrade to a 11gR2 oracle database.
Is there a strategy to perform this upgrade ?
the Oracle Patches in http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/freefull_cs.jsp?&im_dbkey=128625&icg_dbkey=893 seems not to be applicable to the 9.1M070 ! ! Is there any PTC patch to install ?
what are the recommandations for the Oracle DB creation ?
If you have a suitable second server to use for production, you could simply rehost to that machine on which Oracle 11g was installed. No risk to current production.
Regarding the Oracle patches, only PDMLink 9.1 versions before M070 require the patch. 9.1 M070 includes support for 11gR2 OOTB and doesn't require a patch.
What is the best procedure to perform this migration ?
1) stop all the PDMLink components (WindchilDS, Apache, tomcat, Windchill), this PDMLink is connected to a Oracle DB 10g instance called DB1
2) Create an DB Oracle 11gR2 call DB2 (which options ?)
3) Export a dump file from DB1 (a full export ? a partial export ? an export of the WTuser schema ?)
4) Import the previous dump file into DB2
5) Modifiy the PDMLink Configuration to connect to the DB2
6) Start all the PDMLink Components
Is there some recommandations ?
When creating the 11gR2 DB, the best way to do it would be to use the OCU. That will create the DB for you with all of the options required for Windchill. If you aren't able to use the OCU, then article CS36056 gives the instructions on manually creating a Windchill DB in Oracle:
For the export/import of the DB, you should be able to use the same procedure as given in the rehost guide. Take a look at the "Exporting Database from Source System and Importing It into Target System" section of the rehost guide, on page 3-10: