cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

UpgradeManager changes AD server name in Apache and Info*Engine How do I fix this?

breed
4-Participant

UpgradeManager changes AD server name in Apache and Info*Engine How do I fix this?

All,

I am attempting to upgrade our pilot server to Windchill 10.2 m030. I seem to be running into some problems with the upgrademanager updating the LDAP configuratons both in Apache/HTTPServer and Info*Engine. when running the upgrade it fails while trying to update user fields. It fails on active directory users. When I look at the app-Apache-Auth.conf file I can see that the file has been updated but, with the Windchill server name replacing the Active Directory server name. This causes the upgrade to fail.

Here is an example:

DC.net.test.com = Active Directory Server

Windchill.net.test.com = Windchill/Windchill directory server

The configuration should look like this:

ldap://DC.net.test.com:3268/DC=net,DC=test,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)

However it shows up like this:

ldap://Windchill.net.test.com:389/DC=net,DC=test,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)

Any idea how to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
breed
4-Participant
(To:breed)

With the help of PTC Support I was able to get this resolved.

Because we had reconfigured the EnterpriseLDAP adapter to point to Active Directory the upgrade manager did not see it as a custom adapter.

I was able to get around the issue by configuring the EnterpriseLDAP adapter on the target server to point to Active Directory then running the upgrademanager.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I can't find anything about app-Apache-Auth.conf, but app-Windchill-Auth.conf returns quite a few results in the KB search.

Have you checked the solutions offered in this CS article?

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS59225

breed
4-Participant
(To:CaitlinWheeless)

Sorry, I typed that in wrong yes it is the "app-Windchill-Auth.conf" file I was referring to. I have looked at that article and I think the issue is related to Cause 3 but, we have the "enterprsieAdapter" configured to point to our active directory server. Under source system I leave the "enterpriseAdapter" field empty and then on the "additionalAdapters" field I just get the message "No additional adapters were found.

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

If the update full name task fails that means the upgrade manager is not able to locate the user in the search base configured in the target system. It is not related to app-Windchill-Auth.conf file, apache authentication comes in to play only when you do a web/servlet based login.

The best place to start with is by verifying the the JNDI adapter configurations, make sure the adapter is initialized. Did you see your jndi adapter in the additional adapters field in the upgrade manager?

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

breed
4-Participant
(To:BineshKumar1)

I think you are correct, I think the issue with upgrademanager is related to the JNDI adapter. The problem I am running into is that on the Additional Adapters page it tells me No additional adapters were found.

We have our EnterpriseAdapter configured to connect to active directory. I think the UpgradeManager makes the assumption any adapter by that name is on the local Windchill server. If that is the case I wonder if renaming my adapter pre-upgrade would make a difference. Maybe the additional Adapters tab would allow me to enter an adapter?

Do you configure the EnterpriseAdapter to point to AD or do you create a custom named adapter for that?

breed
4-Participant

With the help of PTC Support I was able to get this resolved.

Because we had reconfigured the EnterpriseLDAP adapter to point to Active Directory the upgrade manager did not see it as a custom adapter.

I was able to get around the issue by configuring the EnterpriseLDAP adapter on the target server to point to Active Directory then running the upgrademanager.

Thanks for following up on this!

Top Tags