cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Upgrading from Creo 2 to 3 should I delete the .wf folder?

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Upgrading from Creo 2 to 3 should I delete the .wf folder?

Just that.

We're upgrading right now and I need to know if we'll need a script to delete the .wf folder from all user workstations.

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:DonSenchuk)

That should be safe to leave alone when doing a Creo version upgrade since it is the local Windchill cache and Creo files are upward compatible.

When upgrading Windchill versions, then I have my users check-in all files, delete all workspaces and remove the cache folders from their hard drives.

We're doing both. I did launch once with a local Creo Parametric install and didn't see any errors but I want to test again with the network install all users will be on. Of course, I can't even get Creo 3.0 working due to the Creo Agent issue (CS180521) on a network install. Can't even find the executable yet and can't get the .msi to create it anywhere.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Don Senchuk‌, take a look at this discussion here: Creo 3 Network Install & Creo Platform Agent

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

Thanks.

That's one of the things I'm working with. Unfortunately, there is no creoagent.exe available for me to use, copy or add a variable for.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It's automatically installed to a separate location.  I normally move it after installation, but it should be here by default on a clean install:

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

That's what I was expecting. However it wouldn't install at all. Tech Support just sent me a zipped Creo Agent folder to copy over to our network location. That will be a good test.

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Getting the new copy of the Creo Agent folder and pointing the Environment Variable at the .exe file corrected the issue.

Top Tags