cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Upgrading to Intralink M062

homerosaldana
5-Regular Member

Upgrading to Intralink M062

We are jumping to Wildfire 4 and consequently upgrading Intralink 3.4 M030 to M062. We followed the PTC recipe for the upgrade but we couldn't get the dataserver to connect. PTC support was very hard to reach so we retreated back to M030 so we could fight another day. Well, that day has come again and I was wondering if anyone has made the jump and could share any words of wisdom or cautionary tales.

-hsaldana
AES
2 REPLIES 2

I've attached a Word doc that has the steps that worked for me. Make sure you are installing m062 on a Win2003 Server OS. It seems there was a file I had to make a copy of and rename. Watch the errors and it will tell you.

Kenny Mc

Just to update on our upgrading saga and maybe gain some wisdom from you guys.

Quick background information: Depending on our customer we will use either WF3, WF4, Intralink or PDMLink so we need to interface across the board. Our customer who is on WF4 wanted to have some revision control so we figured it would be easier to migrate Intralink to M062 since I was assured by ptc that M062 would be compatible with WF3 and WF4.

We purchased a new server for the Intralink migration and all seemed well.
Upon launching a session of pro-e wf3 linked to Intralink, Pro-E comes up but it is not linked to Intralink. I have to add Intralink to the server registry (like PDMLink) so pro-e can acknowledge. I'm ok with that if like PDMLink it's only a one time setting. If I try to launch pro-e linked to a different workspace, pro-e comes up linked to workspace that was used to register Intralink. If I delete the offending workspace then I have to re-register the Intralink server. If I launch WF4 Intralink acts more like what I'm used to. No need to register the server and it's linked to the correct workspace.

PTC is not sure what's going on. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

-hs
AES
Top Tags