cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Upload failed due to connection failure

DattatrayBhosal
1-Newbie

Upload failed due to connection failure

Hi, We are facing the problem 'Upload failed due to connection failure' while check in larger size PROE data in windchill 8.0 PDMLINK. The 3GB switch is also configured on clinet mahine but no use. This problem is generally seen for data of size more than 150MB. We are to unable to upload important parts like cylinder head, crankcase. Please help to resolve this critical issue. Thanks, Dattatray
9 REPLIES 9

You need to use perfmon to see if the virtual bytes of xtop.exe is close to the 3 GB limit. TPI 141289 explains how to do that. If you cannot keep it from exceeding the limit, the only option I know is to use a 64 bit OS.

Hi everyone,

We are facing the same problem (upload failure connection failed) using workstations with 16Gb of RAM.

I believe TPI 141289 doesn't help in this case.

We opened a call on PTC support to try to solve this problem, but we don't find a solution yet.

When I have some news about it, I'll write here.

Thanks and Regards.

Gustavo José

We should analysis this problem from two aspects:

The first is your Windchill Server performance.What the size of your MethodServer and Tomcat Memory﹖Maybe their memory are too less.And you can do some performance tunning according to the document ptc provided.

The second is client's environment,Cache,workspace can't be too large,and your shold clear them often.Make sure your local Disk have enoughe space.How much memory of your client's workstation have been recognized?Make sure your docuemnts are correct,including relationship,parameter ,refreence and so on.If your have configured exceed 3G memory limited parameter in your workstation,you can try 64 bit os.

Hello my friends, I have some new facts about these problem.

When the error occurs, we can see in the task manager a memory usage peak (100%) and the error occurs after the peak.

The time of the upload action is about five seconds until the failure.

It always happen to big assemblies and their drawings.

Sometimes we did any kind of changes (changed the component colors, assembled a new component or created a new plane) and executed the save and upload operation and failure disappears. The upload occurred normally.

But, sometimes this procedures didn't works and we're still facing these problem.

We can do the upload successfully with the most items in the workspace, but the bigger items are critical.

The image is in portuguese, but I hope you understand.

If anybody have some information about it, write here to help us.

Thank and regards.

Gustavo de Godoy José

Product Engineering Analyst

Randon Implementos

Caxias do Sul - Brasil

gustavo.jose@randon.com.br

Finally, we solved the problem with the PTC Global Support, after six months.

During the migration we decided do use the Microsoft IIS, instead of Apache, and the IIS has a parameter: maxAllowedContentLength, that is limited to 30Mb

Usually, our assemblies are bigger than 30Mb and we modified the parameter to 500Mb and the error just disappears.

More information in the following articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942074

http://www.webtrenches.com/post.cfm/iis7-file-upload-size-limits

Based on the following thread it may be possible to set the limit via the IIS GUI:

http://forums.iis.net/p/1156396/1898829.aspx

The PTC Technical Support Engineer that helped me is Anu Vikash if necessary.

Best regards.

Gustavo de Godoy José

Randon Implementos S.A.

Caxias do Sul - RS - Brasil

It is helpful, thanks for your share, is there any document that describe how to diagnost these problem?

The PTC Call number is 7847891 and I don't know if it's already closed but I proposed to create some documentation, a TPI or something like that to help in future cases.

I sent a lot of log files to PTC Support and the Technical Support Engineer found a code "403 13" in the IIS log files.

The HTTP code of 404.13 corresponds to CONTENT_LENGTH_TOO_LARGE.

We modify the IIS parameters and the issue is over.

I can help if you need any information.

Best regards.

Gustavo de Godoy José

Randon Implementos S.A.

Caxias do Sul - RS - Brasil

I just received an e-mail from PTC Support:

The documentation link about this issue is:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=kA1A00000000J3PKAU

Best Regards

Gustavo

It is a pity that I have PTC customer service accout,

Your web account does not hold the following required privileges to access this application:

• Customer Service Access

Can you send the guide to my mail? Thank you anyway

Top Tags