cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Use OIR to force object creation in a particular Library context

bwilcox
1-Newbie

Use OIR to force object creation in a particular Library context

Does anyone know if there is a way to use the OIR to force document creation to be in a particular Library context? I know how to set the destination folder within a context, but I would like to allowa user to start the new document creation in Library A and have the system automatically create the document in Library B. Is that possible?

If this is not possible, is there a way to make document soft/sub types not be instantiable for certain library contexts but be instantiable in one particular library context?

Thanks,

Benjamin Wilcox – IntelliServ<sup>™</sup>

PPM & PDM Administrator

IntelliServ provides broadband networking and along-string
evaluation services for high-definition downhole and sub-surface operations
> Get the Facts.

2 REPLIES 2

Ben,

Have you considered simplier solution of using Policy Administration, consider a DENY Access Control for the SubType in the Libraries that should not have the Documents.

I am not a fan of Deny, but in your case it could do what you need it to do.

If using Product Level ACLs or OrgLevel Object Based then you can also leave Role Empty related to Documents and noone can check in to the particular libraries.

Brian Sullivan

Thanks for the reply, Brian. I hadn't thought about using Deny for the sub-types at the library level, but that would work. It would be nicer if we could do a 'move' action from one library to another, though. Is there a way to do that through the workflow? We have the documents tied to workflows for process control and automation. I know that admins and library managers can move objects from one library to another, so it seems like that functionality should be something you could automate upon document creation.

Benjamin Wilcox – IntelliServ<sup>™</sup>

PPM & PDM Administrator

IntelliServ provides broadband networking and along-string
evaluation services for high-definition downhole and sub-surface operations
> Get the Facts.

Top Tags