cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

User disappeared from all groups

gchampoux
1-Newbie

User disappeared from all groups

Today, one of our long-time users reported that after logging into Windchill, he was unable to find/list/view any Project, Library, or even his own workspaces (no cabinets at all).
Upon investigation, we discovered that he was no longer in any of the LDAP groups, which is how we assign access to anything.

After we re-added him to the normal groups, all was well again.

Only the one user was affected.

Anyone else ever run into this?

We are using Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060, and using Active Directory for authentication.

Our AD administrator says that the affected user's domain account has not been altered recently.

Gerry Champoux

Williams International

Walled Lake, MI

2 REPLIES 2
BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:gchampoux)

Hi Gerry,

There were few such issues reported in 9.0 and 9.1 but most of them were addressed in 9.1 M050. Refer to the following SPR, you can find more on Support page.

I am not sure if your use-case is related to any of these reported issues but there aren't any issues reported in Windchill 10.x and latest release.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=1491796

Regards,

Bhushan

That SPR is interesting, but I cannot imagine that it applies to us.
We did migrate from Intralink 3.4 to Windchill at 9.1 M050, and then upgrade soon after to M060.
The affected user has been in the system and working properly (including all groups) since day-one.
Since this is a one-time incident, I'm not too concerned.
It's software. Unexplained things happen.
I just wanted to see if this issue is commonplace, and how others dealt with it.

Gerry

Top Tags