cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

User session is stuck on non existing document.

ptc-6156537
1-Newbie

User session is stuck on non existing document.

Hi Everyone,

I have user that has a problem with his session. Every time hi logs in an try to logson to windchill takes him to a non existing document (I believe it was a document deleted, but can't confirm it).

So i get this error mesage below. Error: Can't initialize an ObjectReference to null.

wind_error.PNG

Any Ideas how to solve this problem or clean up user session?

Note: I already cleaned users IE cache, Java cache, used a different browser and computer.

thanks a lot in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:ybagul)

This could be an issue of stickiness. Windchill likes to remember what page a user had visited last, and redirect the user to that page the next time they log in (which is referred to as stickiness). If that's the case, then clearing stickiness should resolve the issue. To clear stickiness, have the user enter the below URL directly in the address bar of the browser (Replacing <Server_Address> with the hostname of the Windchill server):

http://<Server_Address>/Windchill/netmarkets/jsp/components/stickiness.jsp

Then, click on 'Clear sticky info for all tabs'

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Its worth to check which URL user visits when he logs into Windchill. I have seen users marking URL to a specific document as a favorite in web browser and later running into same issue when that document is deleted.

ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:ybagul)

This could be an issue of stickiness. Windchill likes to remember what page a user had visited last, and redirect the user to that page the next time they log in (which is referred to as stickiness). If that's the case, then clearing stickiness should resolve the issue. To clear stickiness, have the user enter the below URL directly in the address bar of the browser (Replacing <Server_Address> with the hostname of the Windchill server):

http://<Server_Address>/Windchill/netmarkets/jsp/components/stickiness.jsp

Then, click on 'Clear sticky info for all tabs'

Thanks a lot Chris. That solved the problem.

Top Tags