cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Using CreoView to initiate Change request in Windchil

ptc-878221
1-Newbie

Using CreoView to initiate Change request in Windchil

I would like to know if it is possible to use CreoView as the tool to generate problem reports? My shop assembly people have access to the CreoView version of our Creo models while they are assembling products. It would be really nice to be able to use the annotate feature within CreoView to document issues they find during assembly and use the annotation set to generate Problem Reports or Change requests.

Is this possible and if so how do I do it?

4 REPLIES 4

The annotations set (Creo View annotation or Strutcure annotation) are visible in a column of the affected object in the problem report or CR.

But don't think you're able to create the problem report from CreoView. Still need to use the action in Windchill, and then associate the part where there's the problem and the annotation set

Gregory,

Thanks for the response, this sounds like what I want to achieve.

I have not been able to see the annotation set within the change notice. The most likely cause is operator error, I opened the windchill part of the assembly I want to flag an issue with, I then put a markup callout for a test and saved the annotation set. I then opened the windchill (WT) part of the assembly and created a new change request against the WT part and I see the column for the annotation set but it is blank and I can’t figure out how to attach the annotation set I have created.

Any further advice on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated

Hi Brad

have a look to this similar topic

Change Request - Annotations Table

the action is hidden in the right mouse click ... not easy to find ....

regards

Gregory

Gregory,

Thanks, that was what I was missing, all good now.

Thanks again

Brad

Top Tags