cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Using WPA and keeping track of what parts have been completed and which have not

jcholin
1-Newbie

Using WPA and keeping track of what parts have been completed and which have not

We are currently in the process of uploading IPC1752A's to load the RoHS and REACH status of parts into WPA, and I find that the "Export to Excel" button gives me a spreadsheet that is not very useful.  From the View Upload tab it gives columns that are useful like: File name, Status Details and Date, but the Upload Option, and File Size don't have much application for us.  What would be helpful is Our Part Number and the Manufacturer's Part Number.  Right now I am using spreadsheet functions to take apart the file name and create the MPN so I can update our tracking spreadsheet using Vlookup.

I considered just doing an open ended dump of our part numbers, but we have too many and I get an "The record count exceeds the maximum rows (5000) configured to be exported to excel. The remaining records (2994) have not been exported." error, and again the columns do not have the data I really want.  I considered using WPA to handle the tracking function, but there are things I want to track that the software is not designed to handle.

Am I missing a tab or button that will allow me to customize the fields in one of these reports?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Jeffrey,

To do what you want, you need to run a SQL report, you cannot modify the columns within WPA (however, you can hide them for the current session only). I know there are some proposed changes to the Upload queue, but cannot remember what they were.

There will also be some new reporting functionality - but that is targetted for a future release.

Anahid,

Many thanks, you are my first and only reply to a blog!  I appreciate your input and will discuss with Henk to see if this is something that he wants to implement.

Best Regards,

Jeff

Top Tags