cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Utility Inquiry - Import Unigraphics NX4 into Windchill 9.0 M080 or 9.1 M060

ptc-1308881
1-Newbie

Utility Inquiry - Import Unigraphics NX4 into Windchill 9.0 M080 or 9.1 M060

I amseeking feedback from user group for leads / positive experiences / solutions for importing Unigraphics into Windchill. Details follow...

I am in final stage of data migration project and needto import Unigraphics NX4 files (models, assemblies, drawings) into Windchill 9.0 M080 or 9.1 M060.

I have software to do this, but it... 1) is not very good, 2) has problems with mass imports hanging up, 3) does not work with a clustered Windchill environment, and 4) has no software support.

Upgrading Unigraphics version or Windchill version is not an option.

Using ProE is not an option... user community will transition to ProE use after Unigraphics files are in Windchill.

CAD files (.prt) are in organized folder structures and haveassociated metadata files (.csv)... no issues / concerns with export data.

CAD history (latest iteration of each revision) is available andwe are able to import using existing software with proper import sequencing. If only latestversion of CAD data (latest iteration of latest revision) is possible with alternative solution, that is acceptable (but not ideal).

Unigraphics WGM for Windchill is in place and version compatibility has been addressed with PTC patch.

Imports are performed usinga client workstation connected to LAN with Windchill server host.

Third party software seemsnecessary for CAD imports to Windchill. I am surprised there isn't awell-designed import utilityto accomplish .prt file imports by updating .prt file with attributes Windchill requires, placing .prt filesin Windchill vault, and populating Windchill DB tables using information from .csv file.

Bottom line, I am interested in leads from thisgroup on utilities (third party software, consulting, internally developed utilities, etc.) that are known to have resulted in positive outcomes. Alternatively, if someone thinks they could come up with something like this in a timely manner, I would be willing to help and test.

Please advise. Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags