cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Very Odd Windows 7 Issue

ptc-312014
1-Newbie

Very Odd Windows 7 Issue

Greetings everyone,

Update: The very first time a net user logs into the machine - everything works fine. Subsequent tries yields the behavior discribed below. Have the user log off the machine - then log back in - and again everything is fine .... once. So from an installation/configuration perspective, everything appears to be fine. Perhaps something relative to graphics memory? We're at a loss .....

We have been running Pro/I 3.4 (M050) and WF 3 (M140) on Win7 64-bit without incident ... until last week. We received a new laptop model (Lenovo W530 w/ NVIDIA Quadro K1000M graphics) and for the life us us, we cannot get Pro/E to launch tied to a workspace without error. Even with the user logged into Pro/I, when Pro/E is launched tied to a workspace, they receive the dreaded "Authorization" dialog box looking for credentials to "ilsc://". To make matters worse, the user's credentials cannot satisfy the prompt. (They can "cancel/cancel" and continue working.)

I know this sounds weird ... we've beat our heads against the wall trying to figure this one out. We have only seen this behavior on this specific model hardware. We are currently running this S/W combination on at least 6 other tower/laptop models without incident. We've seen graphics adapter and drivers cause plenty of odd things w/ Pro/E over the years, but this one is really strange - as both apps run perfectly fine otherwise.

Anyone have any ideas as to which executable may be having trouble? pro_comm_msg? loadinpro? xtop?

Thanks in advance, I will gladly post to the group if we figure this one out.

Regards,

Douglas

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags