cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

WC10.0 vs. Solidworks Enterprise PDM

pstapler
3-Visitor

WC10.0 vs. Solidworks Enterprise PDM

For some reason, my company is considering changing to Solidworks Enterprise PDM rather than upgrading from our extensive WC9.1 database to WC 10.0. Mind you this decision is being perpetuated by people whom do not even use the software and have never used any data management tool to any extent. We do have an instance of Solidworks in our corporate office which I'm sure is partly weighing in on the decisions making process.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with trying to run Pro/E using the Solidworks Enterprise PDM "plugin" and what pitfalls we need to be aware of before they pull the trigger on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Patrick Stapler

2 REPLIES 2

Geez, at least tell them to try Team Center instead. I wouldn't wish Enterprise on my Dog. I can put you in touch with Customers who have been through this potentially if you want to get ahold of me directly. Back story: There was a significant bug in 9.1 M030 WC SolidWorks WGM that took a month to fix. This left a bad taste with management so they jumped to PDM Enterprise (they moved to SolidWorks first and E-PDM). Since then, it's gotten seriously ugly. One, SolidWorks can't handle their large assemblies, two E-PDM isn't cutting it at all and three the guy that initiated this move has now been let go.

[cid:image001.gif@01CD96FF.E7E2F4D0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

A bug that only took a month to fix??? I would call that light speed!

Management needs to get a grip that significant bugs or configuration issue take time to track down and fix.

David Haigh
Top Tags