cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WC11 Query Builder Search for Latest Version?

LawrenceS
18-Opal

WC11 Query Builder Search for Latest Version?

Does anyone know if WC11 has provided a simple way to build a Query Report / Search that only show the latest Version of an object? 

I have been trying to create a report and got it close to what I need but is all latest revisions (e.g. A.2, B.5, 1.3, 2.5, 3.7) when I only want the latest released version (3.7).

I have heard in previous versions of WC there is a convoluted way to do this but am hoping there is a simple way to do this...as this is already functionality in a normal WC search.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
5 REPLIES 5

maybe I'm wrong, but unfortunately still seems to be convoluted in WC11, check out this thread:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Windchill-Report-Management-Query-Builder/td-p/9996

On the Criteria tab, if you add a criteria that <business object>.State equals Released, that will pull in only released objects.  In addition, if you set the criteria <business object> (iterationInfo).Latest to "Yes," that will return only the latest iteration.

ringo1_0-1583161159154.png

I am building a report that looks for several states, but excludes released and those like it.

This sounds like this method will show all the latest of every revision.  Is that correct?

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

That is correct; given that the lastest meets your lifecycle state criteria.  In my case; I am excluding released, so if my Rev A is released and my Rev B is in work, I pull back the latest non-released version.

Have to address Revision and Iteration separately.

Latest Iteration can be selected directly.

Revision is convoluted because you can make any sequence of strings or integers your custom Revision series.

Top Tags