cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

WF4.0 license issue when using Ilink3.4

JOES
1-Newbie

WF4.0 license issue when using Ilink3.4

Hi people,

I've got a remote user that uses a local locked license for WF4.0. A while back I was tasked to get him into our Intralink3.4 system so his data is managed properly (using one of our floating licenses). No problem, I loaded it up, trained him, he is using it & all is well. However, whenever he launches Pro into his workspace, it grabs the license for Pro from our server.

I run ptcsetup.bat from the folderPro is located& it is pointing to the local license.

Anyone have any ideas on how I should have this configured?

Thanks,

Joe S.

2 REPLIES 2
JimAugeri
1-Newbie
(To:JOES)

By way of clarification:

When this remote user launches the tools, you want his setup to grab a Pro/INTRALINK license from your floating pool, but grab the actual Pro/E (WF4) license from his local setup?

What does the PTD_D_LICENSE_FILE line look like in the users PROE1.PSF file?

I'm not sure I can help, but this information should at least help in understanding the specifics of this situation.

--Jim Augeri
MCAD Tool Support - PLM EQT (NM75)
Honeywell Aerospace
9201 San Mateo Blvd. (MS B-3)
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone - 505.828.5808
Fax - 505.828.5500

"Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another."
Founding Principle of Vietnam Veterans of America

This e-mail message and any attachments are for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may be controlled by U.S. export control laws. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this communication in whole or in part without the express written consent of Honeywell, or the U.S. Government as required, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachment(s) to the original message.

Hi Joe,

I'll add to Jim's response.

Because I'm lazy, I would just go into the "proe1.psf" file and change this line "ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\ptc\lm_448..."

The "C:\ptc\lm_448..." is whatever your license file is. Just make sure

Top Tags