cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

WGM Multiuser environment

VV_1672724
2-Guest

WGM Multiuser environment

Is there a way to open WGM in a citrix multi user environment for different users on the same time?

got error message  for the second user:

Windchill WGM is still running, close first then launch again utility.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:VV_1672724)

I don't think this is possible because of some WGM dlls that end up not being shared between users... If you check with PTC, they'll say something along the lines of "WGM runs on single-client machines". It'd be a good post for the idea section. I know there are a few companies (us included) that would love to have this capability. 

Depending on what you're trying to do, there may be a few less than ideal options:

- if you need a shared system for a group of users that is just viewing information, browser and CreoView may give sufficient capability

- if you're looking for a shared system that a group of users logs into throughout the day but for longer periods per user,  you can have a launch script to wipe user cache at launch of a different user and then each user has to reconnect the server to rebuild cache for their account. 

- if you're genuinely looking to have a workstation as a shared system I think you're out of luck there. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

i am not a citrix expert, but i would expect this not to work if the application is shared from a common server. in another organization, we share larger applications by spawning a vm for each connection to ensure no one is running in a common, shared environment where multiple occurrences of the same application will collide with each other.

Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:VV_1672724)

I don't think this is possible because of some WGM dlls that end up not being shared between users... If you check with PTC, they'll say something along the lines of "WGM runs on single-client machines". It'd be a good post for the idea section. I know there are a few companies (us included) that would love to have this capability. 

Depending on what you're trying to do, there may be a few less than ideal options:

- if you need a shared system for a group of users that is just viewing information, browser and CreoView may give sufficient capability

- if you're looking for a shared system that a group of users logs into throughout the day but for longer periods per user,  you can have a launch script to wipe user cache at launch of a different user and then each user has to reconnect the server to rebuild cache for their account. 

- if you're genuinely looking to have a workstation as a shared system I think you're out of luck there. 

Top Tags